G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been quiet on here for a long time. Checking in mostly. But I’ve been quite busy lately building adding bridges. And Adding onto my raised garden bed and redoing my layout too. I had aluminum llagas creek rail. Wasn’t to happy with my bends I had hand bent. Things kept derailing which made it not fun and enjoyable. Layout just wasn’t big enough to enjoy either… Soooo I decided to change it up. Used Aristo Stainless.. (yes I found everything thing I needed.) Sold all my llagas creek stuff and when to town on it.. here’s some pictures.

Thanks Jason
Plant Property Fence Land lot Grass
Grass Wood Outdoor furniture Groundcover Gas
Sky Plant Tree Fence Wood
Plant Infrastructure Urban design Grass Wood
Wood Hardwood Flooring Automotive exterior Rectangle
Wood Flooring Floor Road surface Wood stain
Plant Wood Urban design Grass Track
Plant Fence Wood Land lot Wire fencing
Water Building Swimming pool Land lot Fence

·
Registered
Accucraft Ruby, Accucraft 1:20.3
73 Posts
I am very interested in the construction of your new reverse loop. I want to do something very similar when I finally get the green light for my out door layout.

What are the posts, the knee braces, the stringers, the decking..... Dimensions, spacing, techniques?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the posts, the knee braces, the stringers, the decking..... Dimensions, spacing, techniques?
The posts are round landscape timber’s from Rual King a farm fleet store, I used hardwood marker dawl 1 1/2” x 1 1/2” x 6’. the stringers are called pvc board it’s in the wood isles. And I used old fence panels I had cut down for my decking. It’s made for 10’ radius Curved track. Spacing was done on the edge to edge so the outside is open about 1/4 inch and the inside is a penny nail spaced. No special technique just used my 10’ curved track as my template. Post are concerted in. And on the fence part it’s hung with heavy duty L brackets. Hope this helps
Thanks
Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts