G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been a few weeks since Chicago had all the flooding rains but I just got this email from my father.

A friend of his snapped these of the tarmack and taxiways at O'Hare Field. Thought that since most folks don't get to see these areas from a ground level and with the added effect of all the water that everyone would find them interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I didn't go anywhere near the airport, but in the middle of all that rain, the Botanic called and said, "don't even try to come tomorrow!"

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I'm chuckling about several of those pictures. First thought was "Silly people...plowing unfrozen snow! LOL!"

Then the next thought was "A plane snorkeling thru to the terminal...hope he doesn't get caught in the "wakes" of one of the snow plows?"

Then the baggage carts...LOL! Some wet bathing suits there huh? Try wet everything! LOL

Pretty scary really..

Chas

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
When did Boeing start making sea-planes? Did they finally bust out the Spruce Goose?

Holy cow that is a lot of rain!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just landed in Chicago. We will reach the terminal shortly after we surface."

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Yeah, I was driving I-90 back from Wisconsin to Indiana pulling a camper. Wipers on high down to 40mph because of all the water on the road. My GPS system payed for itself that day by giving me a two mile notice that I needed to be in the Left, Right or Center lanes.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts