G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news .............but today at WalMart there were these really weathered , used cars for sale , $12 + , 1/24th scale , metal , they looked good enough for me :)" border=0>
Here are a couple of pics ....

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif" border=0> /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif" border=0>

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I've seen these on Ebay from time to time. Our local Wallwort droce the only other toy carrying competition (Toy Works/Kaybee) out of town and then quit carrying toys! Go figure.:mad:

Chas

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I love those kind of cars. Just great stuff for that "out behind the barn" scene. I've used plastic but the For Sale products are much better.

A new Wall-to-wall Mart is opening up about 10K from our place. It covers acres of previously productive farm land so they might find room for a few of these. :rolleyes:

Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recall seeing those at a WalMart at full price. If I see them on closeout I'll pick them up for my garage scenes. I have bought dozens of cars at WalMart on red tag closeouts. They will drop the cars as low as $3 after Christmas. I still find cars in the closeout aisles all the time, but they range from $5 to $15. I let my daughter play with them a few months and they turn into wrecks, so I don't mind putting them outside at that point. ;-)

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By tj-lee on 06/10/2008 1:51 PM

Quick web search shows a number of Jada Toys' "For Sale" line of cars in 1:24... LINK Best, TJ

Appreciate the link:
Those are GREAT detail products.  And the price is right, too.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Try http://www.diecast-toys.com/allproducts.php?p_cat_id=10

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
You actually should check at Menards. Every Christmas they have these 1/24th "oldie" cars. I picked up a "Mayberry Sheriff" car and several cool pickups, etc. for about $8 each. Just check the toy area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts