G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the videos together of the #464. Please disregard the type-o (#454) on the video. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Fred,

That was wonderful. And as far as the typy-o was concerned, for me, it was sorta like a climatic build up to seeing the Real "Steam" Train. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Thanks Fred. Very enjoyable. At the begining the sparrows chirping, steam exhaust and bell brought back many memories of hot August afternoons down at the station in my home town on the CB&Q in the 50's. Ahh, coal smoke and hot steam oil. Nothing better.
Noel

·
Registered
68 Posts
I gotta get over there and see that engine in person! Was the 4-6-0 running too or is it in for a rebuild?
thanks for posting the video.
Matt

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt,
The 4-6-0 was in the shop area but didn't look like any work was going on at the moment. Here are a few pictures I took.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Fred. Sorry to butt in on your thread, but I'm assuming Mudhen fans can't get enough of this stuff. Here's a video I took last year at the same meet where both the Mudhen (464) and the 4-6-0 (152) are running in a double header. It's a real thrill to see the K-27 up close and hear its unique noises.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Fred,

Great video. Nice to see 464 in action. Thanks. The engineer does have the "touch" on the whistle.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man those guys up there at the Huck are a class act! They truly understand how to restore and maintain a railroad and its equipment. Two thumbs up to those guys for doing such an outstanding job!

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts