G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of videos I stumbled upon. A little something for everyone.

They include the only action videos of THE BLUE COMET I have ever seen.

Also a cab forward in Atlantic City!

AAR RSMA Convention 1937 Atlantic City

PRSL 1930's to 1960's

Alan -THE GAL LINE

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Alan,

Great finds! The convention footage is superb.

I particularly enjoyed the footage of the PRSL trains pounding through Haddonfield and horse race specials pulling up out of the hole at Vernon Tower interlocking. Both not to be repeated now with the PATCO Haddonfield station being down in the cut and the Cherry Hill Racetrack long since demolished.

However at least we still have Budd cars on former PRSL line, albeit third rail electric.

The footage of the PRR G5 and the Camden-Haddonfield shuttle train pulling up to the water column appears to be the leg of the wye just east of Haddonfield (about 1/2 a mile or so out of town) where the Philadelphia, Marlton and Medford (later WJ&S then PRR) Medford Branch connected to the PRSL.

Also nice to see footage of the third rail DC electric MU's that operated on the Glassboro branch until 1949

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes Ryan these are great videos for Pennsy and East coast fans, thank you for posting them as I hadn't been able to find them myself. By the way I recently read that the last K4 in revenue service did a train out of your home town, way back then. Those PRSL trains really do make a fine show on what was for a long time at the turn of the century the race track in America when PRR and Reading raced to Atlantic city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts