G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this and thought id give it a shot, at 4.00 ea. cant go wrong. 

Its a blinking red led module with light. It takes 2 AA batts and has an on/off switch right on the battery case.  I thought it would make a cheap and cool EOD. just need a box car or gondola to fit the module in.

radio shack cat no.- 276-299

i just happened to snap a shot when it was blinking (wasnt hard) to show its color. Its bright and blinks about once a sec. not too fast that it looks rediculous.

thought id share, but if its already known than sorry.  enjoy.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
You might be interested that Dave at Ozark now has a picture on his web site of the FRED that I did for him of a BNSF prototype that Mac and I found at a train show at Fullerton.

John

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Looks good and the price is right.  I'll check em out.  Later RJD:)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I just visited Ozark Miniatures and ordered the new FRED. Judging by the picture, it appears to come with the LED, a battery holder, and a slide switch which I'm sure I won't use.

-- Bob

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I have one of John McGuyers and ITS well worth the $$$
I have a photo somewhere??????
found it

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Here is one of John's EOT's (Ozark) on a LGB boxcar. It has had a little more detail added with the addition of the hose,also available at Ozark.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
When John McGuyer makes a master for a detail part....it is museum Quality........:)
I'm glad Ozark picked up and is adding onto John's old "Train Model Supply" line....

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
yes, its complete, just paint and put together. two AAA batt and solder wires ,

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks,
I ordered 5 today they were on sale, 9.99 thats a good deal...
Nick/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Sorry, but an EOT device is called a Caboose /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

·
Registered
688 Posts
HA HA!!! Right on Torby!!! (But those are pretty sweet by the way.)
Terry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts