G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
[QUOTE="gizmorama, post: 1
For accessories requiring continuous power, I use these switches #383731948960 (ebay) for control. They have 2 circuits each. The power is continuous @ 5v. Since their power is supplied by the receiver there is no way to up the volts except with a relay, perhaps?

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
So, if I wanted to add some sound, like chuff whistle or bell? How would you approach that with this set up?

WES
The receiver is a standard r/c device supporting servos (and/or an ESC in this case.) RCS - Tony Walsham [https://www.rcs-rc.com/pages/r/c-switches] - has various devices for adding sound. His "switches"/triggers look like servos and plug in to the receiver, and are triggered on extra channel buttons on the transmitter.
I have a whistle module on one of my live steamers. I also have a dual trigger in one loco that is attached to the bell and whistle inputs of a MyLocoSound card.
Start your own thread and ask your question?
Greg - I think it is a legitimate continuation of the thread. If the OP can't get someone to give him a Big Hauler remote, he'll need to go with something like this.

·
Super Modulator
20,590 Posts
The OP asked for a remote, really the inexpensive replacement.

Now someone else jumps on with adding sound, and of course the stock remote system does not handle it. A much more complex, and different question.

Greg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts