G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Given the high tech nature of this forum, I'm almost embarrassed to post this question but here goes.

I was just given a Bachmann Battery Powered G Scale Big Hauler... minus the remote. Given that, I can't run it and Bachmann no longer supports it. Do any of you know where I might get the remote for this thing? It won't run any other way that I can figure out.

Thanks for helping out a newbie to the group!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a $34 FlySky 6 channel as a master unit for control. I purchased $8 3 channel receivers and $4 ESC units. I then plugged in $2 electronic mini switches for lighting (led). I have 3 motive units outfitted this way. One drawback is you can only control 1 unit at a time. I put a little manual switch underneath that grounds the join circuit so I don’t have to pick up the engines to connect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you specify the receiver and ESC better? I have a rail truck that could use these small bit. I presume the ESC is bi-directional. Some aren't, I know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The esc is item #202814501298 on eBay. It’s rated to 20 amps. There is a switch on it that selects forward or bi-directional. The receiver is a FlySky 3 channel #170821718729 on eBay. The plugs for the esc come 10 sets to an order but have rather short leads, about 5”. They are #402233116019. I get everything from China so there is a wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pete, I have no problem pairing the car receivers to the transmitter. Some of the auctions have a compatibility chart. I’ve only tried it with the 6 channel transmitter, not the 4 channel.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi, Given the high tech nature of this forum, I'm almost embarrassed to post this question but here goes.

I was just given a Bachmann Battery Powered G Scale Big Hauler... minus the remote. Given that, I can't run it and Bachmann no longer supports it. Do any of you know where I might get the remote for this thing? It won't run any other way that I can figure out.

Thanks for helping out a newbie to the group!
I have a remote for the bighauler. and the receiver boards . Sent you a message.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I imagine you need equipment from the same line. I use the cheapest. The labeling on the transmitter matches the labels on the receivers.
So, if I wanted to add some sound, like chuff whistle or bell? How would you approach that with this set up?

WES

1 - 20 of 24 Posts