G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty impressed with what Shad & the moderators have come up with for the 'New' MLS. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif Kudos out to them for making the transition as painless as possible. BUT there are a couple of items I really miss.:D:D

The first is the Manufacturer/Sponsor link page - I didn't have a lot of them bookmarked and sometimes a Google search does not provide me with the URL for who I want. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif Please bring that page back./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

Also, where is the page with all the MLS Webring members?  Does the ring even exist anymore?  I enjoyed browsing the different members’ websites (it had a few broken links but most still worked) It will be missed./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif

Also, none of the menus allow the link to be opened in a new browser or in the case of IE7 a new tab.  It’s great that the links in the forums open new pages but when some one posts that they have a new classified ad w/o a link - It’s a real pain to lose your place in the forum to go look at the classified. Please bring this ability back!!!!

BTW, the PREVIEW OPTION is SOOOOO SLOW when you place emoticons within your post . An Enhancement is definitely needed./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I'm glad you approve over all.

I'm still looking for a decent solution to the manufacturer and dealer listings.  The old system was prone to spam bots, and I had to constantly clean it out.  I'm looking for something similar that will provide more security.

The webring is now officially defunct.  There were always people that didn't put the code in the pages, or didn't put it in correctly.  There were tons of broken links.  When I can find a decent replacement that will automate policing the webring members, it'll come back.

The current menu is just a place filler till I can write up a new one.  I'm not sure if the new one will allow a right click to open in a new window or not.  I'll put it on my list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts