G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the LGB modelers.
Lately, I've bought some Euro freight cars to use in my WWII diorama and I want to modify them.
What I have is some LGB # 41103 low side gondolas that came with a metal wheel load. They are a short car such as a 46354 boxcar, but they have American archbar trucks and should have they Euro type 2 axles like the LGB short boxcars have.
My question is: Can I swap out the underframe with the American archbar trucks and put in an underframe from one of the boxcars or high side gondola with little or no modification ??? If so, where can I get these underframes ??? Anyone want to trade ??? The cars I have are brand new or slightly used. I have 2 cars with one more on the way and will be getting a 4th car soon. I've changed out the wheel load and use the cars to transport my Pk40 75mm AT cannons.

Thanks !!
Rocky

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rocky,
I have done just the opposite by changing out four whee LGB bobbers to 8 wheels bobbers. The under frames interchange. Should be the same on the cars. Easiest way to check is to find a cheap, used 4 wheel freight car and see if they will simply interchange. I only have one four wheel under frame left that hasn't been modified or destroyed.

If you would like that one, let me know and I'll trade it for one of your 8 wheel frames.
jb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts