G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Gentlemen, let's keep the innuendo and attacks off the forum. It's no secret Josh is slammed and not getting back to his customers or dealers nearly as fast as they would like. Let's leave it at that. It's Josh's company to run, and his choices as to what (and who) takes priority as he tries to get things reorganized.

Fortunately for us, it is DCC, so we've got lots of other trees in the orchard.

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Funny thing about this site, some people can say anything they want about certain companies and former companies and nothing ever is said or done, but if you dare to speak out against their favorites you get edited or deleted.

I could just imagine (well don't really have to it was and still is the norm here) the torrid of flame threads if this had been about Aristo Craft.

And you wonder why its so quiet here.

By the way there was no innuendo in my statement just the facts, but I suppose that is not allowed when its not about this forums whipping boys.

Ron

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Thank you Kevin for removing the personal innuendo. My comments were a retort, and not needed now, but are indeed facts that can be proven.

On a happier note, the Yahoo QSI forum is very helpful, and if you have a problem that you are positive that can only be addressed by Josh, then please contact me by private email and I will try to help.

That goes for you too Ron, believe it or not.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
My comment that was edited was , " we (meaning consumers/dealers) are Not being paid to use this product, but are paying to for it"

This was just a statement of fact and not in any way saying some are paid to use it, and not directed at anyone.

Greg thanks for the offer, all I want to know is when am I going to receive my customers repaired or replacement Titan Aristo 6 amp board that I sent in for repairs in February of this year.

I am at the point of just refunding his money and eating the loss as the credibility I'm losing over this is not worth the $200.

Like I said it's not lack of trying to get a response but after 7 or 8 months of nothing it gets beyond frustrating and pleasantries are hard to maintain when the only response is total silence.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
My comment that was edited was , " we (meaning consumers/dealers) are Not being paid to use this product, but are paying to for it"
Couldn't agree more!
So do the various Large Scale retailers I deal with - the consumer has become the "free" testbed for the products.

Knut

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Like I said Ron, please reply to me by private email, and send me the guy's name if it went in directly or indicate it was you that sent it in.

I will try to help.

Greg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Greg, If your offering to become a service rep for QSI I think that's a good thing. I never said the product was bad quite the contrary. I just want support and answers. I want to continue with this product but the users needs need attention. I want the Q3 file for a Dash-9. I was told it was ready and would be posed in a day that was more than a month ago. As all ways.

Respectfully.
Bob V.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Not offering to be a service rep, but offering to help my fellow hobbyists.

You want a Q3 file or an ET file? The ET files are "generic" in that you select your prime mover, horn, etc.

The Q3 files were more specific, such that when you picked what you wanted, and downloaded it to the decoder, you could not change prime movers, etc.

Also the Q3 files don't have all the ET features, i.e. do not do the same "emulation" things that make it realistic.

Tell me which you want and I'll do my best.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have been waiting for a ET file for a GE 7FDL16 . I looked at the file area and there are three files for an ALCO 244 ,EMD 567 and a EMD 645. Why do the HO have many more, I pay twice as much for my decoders.

Respectfully,

Bob V.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have been waiting for a ET file for a GE 7FDL16 . I looked at the file area and there are three files for an ALCO 244 ,EMD 567 and a EMD 645. Why do the HO have many more, I pay twice as much for my decoders.

Respectfully,

Bob V.
Not knowing the exact number of modelers for each scale, I can only ASSUME that HO is more popular, more modelers, which means more sound files.

Cost per decoder probably doesn't matter. Sure large scale costs more, but if you're selling more HO, then for a business owner that's not tough math.

But Bob, I too want to see the large scale hobby continue to grow. Hopefully someday...

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
If you are talking the "ET" files, in HO, there are 3 Alco, 1 Cummins, 2 emd, 1 fairbanks morse, 3 GE files, including the GE 7FDL16 both old style and modern.

In large scale there are 2 also and 1 emd 645.

Why? Because there are extra features and capabilities in the Large Scale decoders, and it's only Josh making the changes for these. How many times does it take to tell G scale people that G scale is a drop in the bucket in volume compared to HO scale? That means resources applied to G scale projects are also "scaled down" to match volume and profit.

Do you go to a small farmers market and expect hundreds of checkout lanes, and tons of people roving the aisles to help you, and 5 brands of everything? No, you go there to get specialty items not available elsewhere, and you might pay a bit more for quality, and what you want is not there every time.

Why don't you call up Lewis Polk and give him a hard time for not making every locomotive you ever wanted that is available in HO? Call LGB, Bachmann, USA Trains... and when you get them, be sure to tell them that your bitching at them is justified because it is already available in HO... I'm sure that will be a convincing and compelling argument.

I surely won't defend QSI on missing a promise... but if I refused to buy from any LS mfg. that missed a promise, I WOULD HAVE NO TRAINS AT ALL!

Let's be realistic. I will work with Josh and see what the progress is, and for this specific request, but I cannot underwrite your apparent extreme frustration as justified and reasonable.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Greg have you any news from QSI Solutions about posting some more ET files for large scale and any word on the G Wire receiver's ? as always

Respectfully

Bob V.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
They are all coming, Josh is still catching up from spending basically 2 weeks in Canada to get a 1,000 piece HO production run "fixed".

I've been able to talk to him on the phone, and there's some real good stuff for the steamers coming, I should have a beta file by this week.

I forgot to ask him the status on the G Wire receivers, I'll try to find out this week, that has been a royal pain, apparently the new chips (the receiver chip) self destructed in some cases.

Greg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Greg have you any news from QSI Solutions about posting some more ET files for large scale and any word on the G Wire receiver's ? as always

Respectfully

Bob V.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.