G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Modulator
22,356 Posts
With a manual 265 pages long, that was definitely an ambiguous question.

Start with late model firmware, 7-20-2 is latest.....

Then describe what you want to do.

Regards, Greg

p.s. you could look at my site under TRAINS .... MOTIVE POWER .... ARISTO .... MALLET

I normally keep notes of any "different" settings for locos and QSI there..

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg, I saw from your site that you suggested a value of 44 for CV 56.12. At this point I'm not concerned about values for all of the sound settings. I'm wondering what people are using for CV 2, 3, 4 and other motor control CVs. I run on a modular layout using the Airwire/GWire/QSI decoder combination. We won't have another setup until September. I don't have enough track at home to easily experiment with CV settings. Hence my question.

Bert

·
Super Modulator
22,356 Posts
Set CV 2 according to the manual, basically set it so the loco just starts moving at speed step 1.

Set 3 and 4 to your tast and skill as an engineer. I suggest 50 for 3 and 25 for 4. The greater momentum will help emphasize the changing of the sounds vs load. If you are a really good engineer you could set cv4 to 50, but most people have difficulty stopping where they want to with deceleration that high.

Regards, Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.