G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Eaglewings Iron Craft is working on two new G scale buildings. We have the two prototypes put together with no finish yet. We wanted to share them with you and get your valuable opinion.
The first one is a Freight Station (T â€" 5, Train Structure 5). The platform is 17â€� long by 10 â€" 1/2 “wide. The Building is 10â€� long by 9â€� wide by 6 â€" ½ “tall.

The second building is a Passenger Station (T â€" 4, Train Structure 4). This one is 24â€� long by 13 â€" ½â€� wide by 15â€� tall.

One thing that we’re doing differently to our buildings is that now instead of having a glossy powder coated finish; we’ll have them powder coated with a rust resistant primer so that it can be detailed easier and will have the extra rust protection.
We are really looking forward to hearing what you think about them.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Dan,
Beautiful work - as usual. I like both buildings. I would like one or both on my layout! Thanks for the info on the water tower. I will be calling in an order for one soon.
Best, Ted

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here they are back from getting Powder Coated with rust resistant primer. Ready to be detailed.

The Freight Station.

The Passenger Station.

Front

Back

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We now have pictures of the detailed Passenger station and the Freight Platform. Here they are:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Dan,
For future consideration, you may wish to add a ramp on one end of the platform, leading down to ground level.
Not everything shows up at the depot on a flatbed... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought the Goods Shed was the better of the two, a lot more appeal I thought the Station House
Building is a little to much like a Dolls House for my liking, in Western Australia, this Style of Station House is
found only as a Main Junction Station Like "Walkaway" or "Bunbury" maybe even "Perth", so I believe
that on a Garden Railway Layout this would be a little overbearing, while that Goods shed will and would
fit in anywhere you wished.

Well done,
John Richards.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duncan,

That is a great idea. That's the neat part about these buildings is that you or us can kitbash it any way you want. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Both buildings are excellent in their primer gray but of course everyone will have their own ideas about colours. Not to big - not to small, for a prairie railroad in these parts.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
That's the neat part about these buildings is that you or us can kitbash it any way you want

Kitbash with a welder and a grinder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts