G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the idea of showing what folks look like so when we are at shows its not so hard to put the face with the sig and the real name.

I've always wished I had used my real name on here.

so...PLEASE PUT YOUR REAL PHOTO IN THE SPOT. No one is more ugly than  I am.

Shad, its hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I LIKE  the changes....I may grumble some ,,,

WOOW, it says I'm the only one on line Sat 9am???????Hard to believe!!!

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
WOOW, it says I'm the only one on line Sat 9am???????Hard to believe!!!

All the guys in California are bailing out.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif  It's pretty bad over there.

Marty, IS that your real photo????????? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

And many thanks to Alan Redeker for the image used in my profile...   :):)

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
I am wholly in agreeement with your sentiments. This new format finally allows us the opportunity to use a real image of ourselves and it would be good to see more members take advantage of this feature.

---Ron at (where the h*** is) Copper Center, Alaska

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've gotten by on-line for so long as "Dawg" that none of my friends would recognize me if I used my "real" name...and that's assuming I can still remember what my real name was is! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

(Actual pix for avatars is a great idea, though.)

Dawg :cool:

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
CJ,

At the top of the page on the right, click on my profile.(Blue letters in a grey band on my screen)

Left side click on edit profile

Towards the bottom of page there is avatar link or upload avatar.

I used upload avatar, browsed my hard drive for the picture , and clicked on upload.

Click on update at bottom of page

Some people are having to exit MLS and then come back for the updates to take effect.

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Okay, okay...
No primate discipline, no shark snax, and no other phunny stuff.
Just a phunny lookin' guy.
Satisfied now???

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Yep.... And can photo shop them into anything I want.........

No Thanks.
Craig

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Don't want to scare people:D

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I think it is a cool isea. Now, all I have to do is get a picture of myself. since I take most of the photos, I don't seem to have any of me. I will get one today and put it up there. my Avitar rigth now is an 4-8-4 Northeren donated to a park in my home town from the CB&Q.
Cliff

G

·
0 Posts
I hope no one minds that my wife Carol is also in "my" avatar photo.  She's very supportive of my hobby, attends our club meetings, and loves to run and watch the trains as well.  So, even thought I can't put her in the Login name, she's in the photo. 

Ed

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Duncan...can we have the shark back, puhleeze? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

(just kidding, just kidding) /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Dawg :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OH!!!!!ya, now I remember YOU!!!!!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use this cartoon "me" for my avatar. 

It has several advantages the hair is always red (instead of grey) and it is always clean shaven. (Someday I will take Braun to task over that matter!) I also believe that I am the only person on MLS to have used a full frontal nude photograph of myself in the personal profile section....

regards

ralph

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I like seeing the many avatars with real faces.  Nice to finally put a real face to long term members.  It's almost like finally seeing the face of a radio host after listening for a long time and picturing the person.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I searched for a photo of myself that wouldn't crack any mirrors without success. However, the one posted best fits my username. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 59 Posts