G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to insert a photo using the insert/edit image button on the tool bar. I can paste the URL direct into a reply and get an image. I got no clue what's happening. I believe I'm following the instructions posted by Steve correctly, I don't think I'm missing any steps. However I may be missing something.

Using Insert/Edit image button on toolbar

[url="
[/url]

Pasting URL

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Joe

Where are you getting the URL link that you are pasting into the URL field of the Insert/Edit Image dialog.
< img src='http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/JoeMcGarry/SPRR170.jpg' >

The above is what I get displayed when I right-click on the little red x box in your first two attempts. What it looks like, is the manner that you are getting the link, you're also pulling the underlying HTML code. Effectively putting one image tag inside another, which won't work. When you paste the URL into the URL field on the Insert/Edit Image dialog do you see what's in red above?

If you go back into your reply and right-click one of the x boxes, then select the Image Properties menu item. and then in the URL field remove just the text the I've highlighted in red above from both the beginning and end, then click the OK button, the image should appear.

The only other thing that I can think of is, are you trying to use the last few steps where I'm talking about making the picture/image a link itself and are using the same URL on both tabs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts