G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing this on MLS a lot. Is this a MLS feature???? I've never clicked on it. IT only stays on the screen for a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Larry,
Look at the bottom left of the forums or active topics screen.
There is an areas which tells you you have "X" number of unread messages.
Click the unread messages, and see them...

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Private messages (PMs) is a new feature of the new software. It's sort of a forum based email, but instead of sending via email, it sends it via the forums. When you have unread (new) PMs, you'll get the pop-up notification. You can either click on the pop-up to go to your inbox, or go there from the bottom-left of each forum page as Duncan says. Once you've read all the messages in your inbox, the pop-up will go away.

Under each member's name and avatar on each post is a "Send Message" link. Use this to send PMs to other members.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
The "Send Message" function doesn't work properly in the Mozilla Firefox browser (v4.0.1): it brings up the message box, but the recipient's name is not automatically filled in as it is with Internet Explorer. My browser of choice is Firefox, and I couldn't figure out what good the Send Message feature was if I still had to type in the name. I finally got curious and did the comparison with IE. Now I see . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts