G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shad-are we ever gong to get the printer friendly button back?

Jerry Barnes
Plano, tX

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Yes, it's in the works.. Hopefully by the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Yeah.. Still waiting on the developer to fix a few bugs.. not related to the printing, but other features in the upgrade..

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shad-well I see that a printer icon has been added to the topics, but doesn't appear to do what the old printer friendly did. In fact
I'm not sure what it does as when I clicked on it, I couldn't tell anything happened. Are we still waiting for the original
method of printing the topics to be implemented?

Thanks,

Jerry Barnes
Plano, TX

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Shad-well I see that a printer icon has been added to the topics, but doesn't appear to do what the old printer friendly did. In fact
I'm not sure what it does as when I clicked on it, I couldn't tell anything happened. Are we still waiting for the original
method of printing the topics to be implemented?

Make sure any popup blockers are disabled for mylargescale.com.. The printer friendly window comes up in a separate window.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Holding down CTRL while clicking will override your pop-up blocker.

Hmmm... It does get rid of the clutter, but sizes the topic to fit the browser window, not the printer paper. If you don't resize your browser image (move the right hand edge) to make the paper work, you'll get cropped.

·
Super Modulator
20,522 Posts
If you resize the browser window real narrow, it goes to some minimum width in the printer friendly, which when I printed it to a pdf file, looked to be perfect for 8.5 x 11 printout.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
On Google Chrome, it just opens in another tab. Pretty handy.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
If you're using MS/IE-7 or FF-3.5x, use Print Preview... (i.e. File menu, right-click - context menu) and set Print Size to Shrink To Fit it'll auto size to fit the printer & the browser window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts