G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

On the older version of this site there was a nice "printer friendly" hyperlink within each forum topic. Does this still exist?

Thanks!

John.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
John

The short answer is no, that didn't come as a default functionality, but I'm sure that Shad is aware of the need and is working toward getting it reinstated.

Until that happens, the closest that I can give you is if you are in a topic and you find that you want to make a copy of all of the replies.
[*]Then use either the Add Reply button found at both the top and bottom of each topic page, or use the Reply link found in the header of each posted reply.
  [*]After the Rich-text editor screen displays, on the left side in the grey area at the bottom you'll find a check box labeled Show Replies, click the check box so a check mark is displayed.
  [*]Give the system time to refresh the editor screen, this will take more or less time depending on just how many replies there are in the topic.
  [*]When completed, what you'll now find displayed at the bottom of the editor screen is a complete listing of all replies within the topic including their contents.
  [*]This holds true across multi-page topics. The order they are listed in is most recent first to oldest last (i.e. reverse order).
  [*]Then using using your mouse select (i.e. highlight) all, or that portion of the text in the replies that you wish to print.
  [*]If you're using MS/Internet Explorer as your browser. [*]Click the File menu button in the browser's menu bar, [*]Then select and click the Print menu item. [*]After the print dialog displays click the radio button labeled Selection. [*]Make sure that you've got enough paper in the printer and then click the Print button at the bottom of the printer dialog. [/list] [/list]

The result won't be all that pretty, if you want to edit things to get the pretty the instead of printing right off the bat. If you have a word processing program then use the copy function {Ctrl+C} and the paste function {Ctrl+V} to copy the selected text into a blank document, do whatever editing you desire and print from there.

Hope the above is of help.
SteveC

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I copy/paste things into Word for printing. You'll think word has crashed, but let it grind and it comes up with a nice representation of the web page, including graphics.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I have submitted a request for the return of printer friendly under Feedback with Feedback ID: 51 back on January 6th.
It is still "Open"

·
Administrator
5,699 Posts
It is still "Open"
Most of this stuff is beyond Shad's control now. He can submit a request to the software developer. It's then up to that developer to decide when and if to incorporate that feature in the next release or future release of the software. Whether or not that happens depends largely upon how many of the developer's customers have requested that feature, and how busy the developer is squashing bugs and adding other features most requested.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
So...go into that Services Feedback forum....and freaking VOTE. Each of you can vote on whether you want any of the changes proposed in there....and voting helps Shad figure out his priorities...and to convince the developers of the NEED. Read each change....and VOTE....and comment if you want. It's a GREAT new feature here.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Mike Reilley on 04/01/2008 10:43 PM
So...go into that Services Feedback forum....and freaking VOTE. Each of you can vote on whether you want any of the changes proposed in there....and voting helps Shad figure out his priorities...and to convince the developers of the NEED. Read each change....and VOTE....and comment if you want. It's a GREAT new feature here.

I had a pickle of a time FINDING this Services Feedback FORUM so I COULD vote… it just ain't in the list of FORUMS!

It is not a Forum in the sense of all the other Forums, like the Forum â€" Public, or the Forum - Live Steam, or the Web Site and Forum Help - Web Site Questions.

It is found by hovering the mouse over the Services menu in the blue banner across the top of every MLS web page and then clicking on the Feedback entry in that drop down menu.

Maybe that is why some folk are not voting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts