G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone video clips of the president elect's special train to Washington DC?

Whops, I didn't see the other post. What I was looking for were clips from Philadephia's 30th Street Station.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Nope but I watched the progress of movement today on CNN. Was not impressed with the consist. Only good looking car was the Georgia. Came off the Georgia RR here in Atlanta. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Gary, thanks for the video. So here I was, ready to dis the Washington Post reporter for calling an observation car a caboose, when I watch the video and hear those dolts at CNN "correct themselves" by saying something like, "We're told it's not called a caboose, but "the last car on the train." Jeez, do any of these guys ever research anything. Or just ask?

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Posted By joe rusz on 01/22/2009 12:47 AM
Gary, thanks for the video. So here I was, ready to dis the Washington Post reporter for calling an observation car a caboose, when I watch the video and hear those dolts at CNN "correct themselves" by saying something like, "We're told it's not called a caboose, but "the last car on the train." Jeez, do any of these guys ever research anything. Or just ask?

NO...they're idiots...damn near all of them. Their inability to use the proper words in the English language MIGHT be intentional as I've heard that some feel that they need to dumb down their wording. Well, dah is all I got to say...and I know that will resonate with a lot of those listening to the reporting idiots. It's a pity we can't use our language the way it was intended.

As another example...read any article about the US Air A320 ditching in the Hudson River last week. That word is NEVER used...ditching. That plane did NOT land on the water...it ditched...it crash-landed in water...it crashed...but it did NOT land on the water. One word...replaced with four words...that were wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By Mike Reilley on 01/22/2009 11:49 AM
Posted By joe rusz on 01/22/2009 12:47 AM

NO...they're idiots...damn near all of them. Their inability to use the proper words in the English language MIGHT be intentional as I've heard that some feel that they need to dumb down their wording. Well, dah is all I got to say...and I know that will resonate with a lot of those listening to the reporting idiots. It's a pity we can't use our language the way it was intended.

As another example...read any article about the US Air A320 ditching in the Hudson River last week. That word is NEVER used...ditching. That plane did NOT land on the water...it ditched...it crash-landed in water...it crashed...but it did NOT land on the water. One word...replaced with four words...that were wrong.

The night that plane went into the Hudson, a reporter IN New York City kept saying "the Henry Hudson River".."the plane landed here in the Henry Hudson river"..."you can see the other boats out in the Henry Hudson River"..
you would think a reporter who lives IN New York City would be smarter than that..
just goes to prove the point..you can be really dumb and still get a job as a TV reporter..
at least there are jobs for the dumb but beautiful people in the world! ;)

Scot

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Man you got that right. Never have liked reporters. They where a big pain when I worked for the rail industry. Very stupid people. Later RJD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts