4,716 Posts
Steam or Diesel?

Battery or Track Power?

Freight or Passenger?

Too many variables!

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
"Which of the presumptive presidential candidates do you think would be most likely to add a garden railroad to the White House Rose Garden?"
Do you know of any politicians at that level who even know what a garden railroad is? Anyone ? 

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Good point.

Marty Cozad for President!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a funny feeling that you guys just aren't getting it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif 

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I gotta agree with Blackburn on this one. These men already have a hobby, and thats politics.
A better question would be, which one if these candidates is more likely to legislate against Garden Railroading if it were disclosed to the public how addictive it is once you've tried it ;)

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
There is something very misleading about the title to this thread. I saw it and immediately thought "Lincoln's funeral train" OR "Truman's campaign train" or "FDR's NY limo train." But NOT garden railway. The title just does not work for me.  Nor can I even remotely imagine ANY prospective president being a model train enthusiast in any scale. It's a huge disconnect--doesn't fit.  

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I love the absurdity of it--picking a president by garden railroading. But then, to me, incongruity is funny.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
none of the above, if anyone did, the press would have a field day about the Prez "Wasting Time" on the taxpayers dollar

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
I do not recall ANY president EVER being noted for his hobby pursuits, POSSIBLY excluding collecting things (stamps, coins, antiques), which is almost not a hobby at all.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
President Lincoln owned a printing press and would relax setting type.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
blackburn49 said:
Nor can I even remotely imagine ANY prospective president being a model train enthusiast in any scale. It's a huge disconnect--doesn't fit.

Ronald Reagan was an avid model railroader. He did mostly 0-Gauge 3 Rail, but collected LGB, also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts