G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Preserve your vehicles.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike Flea 
#1 ·
I always pick up my cars/trucks/people in late fall. When I got them out this spring I decided to clean them up some, which helped a lot. I used car wax on the ones that looked like that would help and it really did. Ones that had no shine but good paint did not seem to polish up, after trying it one one I switched over to Krylon Clear that has a UV blocker and it sure spruced them up nice. With it seeming harder to find cheap die casts like I used to find at Walmart and Tractor supply one might want to baby our stuff some. Touching up people with new paint is next.

#2 ·
Jerry;

There are still plenty of 1:24 kits in plastic, and the Krylon Clear should help protect then from UV. It may have to be applied more than once in the summer; I really don't know. I still have some nice 1930s era die cast, but my next railroad's "world" (Middle Earth) won't have motor vehicles as yet.

Have fun, David Meashey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.