G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Modulator
21,800 Posts
Posted By JerryB on 03/30/2008 3:30 AM
I am trying to participate in a discussion in the Track Forum and was using the Quote / Rich Text Edior to reply. I was working with the usual problems of not being able to see the original posts and the fact that after hitting two returns for a paragraph feed, then typing the first character, the cursor moves up one line.

After struggling to type several paragraphs, i went to "review" and got the following message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I gave up at that point. What does this message mean and what does it have to do with a discussion of track radius in a model RR forum?

Now in trying to generate this new post, the cursor is continuously doing its move up one line trick!

Sorry Shad, but the 'new' forum software is crap. I really have tried to participate, but this is just too difficult.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

OK, so I just hit the Quote button.... I am typing this just fine.... no struggle to type..

Here is a second paragraph.... still no struggle...

Now, I am going to "review"..... I am assuming there are 2 possibilities.... that you really meant review.... ok, so I am reviewing what it typed... no problem....

OK, the other possibilitiy is "Preview"....   pressing that button now....

OK, I pressed that button and a smaller window popped up, showing a preview of the post..... it was fine, so I used the RED X in the upper right corner of the new window to close it.

I have no problems.

Jerry, it's your computer, not Shad's software....

You need to update your computer, fix problems, eliminate extra junk, and I swear to you it will work fine. I've been in the industry since 1969, I have 10 computers in my house, they ALL work fine on this forum. 

Regards, Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,800 Posts
Jerry, pardon the possibly insulting suggestion, but, based on my experience, since your Apple is a laptop, it has the possibility that errant light touches of your palm on the touchpad will make the cursor jump. I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that if you used an external keyboard, your cursor would never misbehave. This is a very common problem with laptops and touch pads. See if you can reduce the touchpad sensitivity.

Regards, Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts