G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been using Google+ to post photos but I guess it is shutting down and I couldn't move an album into it yesterday.
Can you tell me if this photo from my Gmail photos comes through?

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Bill, came thru as a 2.5 x3.5" picture.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
https :// lh3.googleusercontent.com/VRFXl6In8xNKRD7JCrpMyLAIE1YpoIRnMf0oMsskebR5ePsQqLzPTMdbosj5LClD5OF--WIVStrOv_I39R7Eo8WU1Tt1MFUCfz0SKfJlrzm0v9hIdirDbnsctGnWyxhJJwWq2btYgAZ6N2OumLAS6qu5La82w6VkJ25cGjTEFjjLhfNRxUQpy0NusgYYNMX_dXPkQa8xs9VtPrcQRovwiLhxD-9o4Heyv0o9uvTDspbseX5fGrCo2OaUJ1kEG3KRinblmJu0ZKWrK5gjxf7YP4Z2cK-CakAeiDcyM8w1YOrgh5Q4oaelZVdpynLICa-a_2QGVDED2g2VkdERJVazlY9oRaoudXkjlBX9MjLI0SdreUJ3NoGFBCM7elx06RAhcBXVChdjHhfhks9sZ-LZfJrYcX3kkxmk0AuptIWAFP72b4vBGf1xev3ViDWiWLPB5L7bXvvWtoHJ-XcYz1hmva-KDGpLcNvXyJaGsXGbgg_dvjUjyPKwPdiWriRHXw44XX8aUobAu5WdsguHy1E_W7ImXK-C9Zlng7s9jVh7Vi75y-ZJw5eI_fhRf8cM7FNpKKCKuXFPMqJGmpep4XtKXlGe9Zu1Ww=s300-w300-h225-no
Spaces inserted around the https to make it visible.

I only saw a 'keep out' symbol. Probably because I am not logged in to Google.
My understanding is that you are entering a quagmire. Jerry (Naptowneng) just went through the same mess - I'll prod him to contribute.

·
Junior Senior Member
564 Posts
Bill,

Using Firefox, I do not get a picture or a link. I cannot even bet Mr. Thornton's link to work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hi Bill

As Pete said, I was forced to transition from my old photo standby, Picasa to Google Photos (not Google +) when google bought out Picasa and then killed it. My many existing photos and albums were automatically put into Google Photos on the web. However much has changed, including background code on the photos that has changed my ability to post photos on MLS as easily as I used to. For example, I used to pop photos into ongoing chat, but that is no longer possible, as the photo web address is too long for the chat character limit (!) So for chat, I find another web based place to stash the picture and then post it.

As far as posting on an MLS thread, I go to Google Photos, click on the picture I want to post, then right click on it, and click on "copy image address". Then, back here, click on the yellow "insert image" icon, and add the address and hope for the best! As you can see, one issue is the size of the picture. I used to size photo properly in Picasa for insertion into threads in MLS to avoid having to scroll but the photo below is a little too big. So there is where I am, please feel free to ask any other questions if I can help, regards, Jerry

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Jerry
Here it is from Google Photos

Looks like it works and is easier than I have done in the past
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Henner has a thread on Google Photos:
http://forums.mylargescale.com/31-forum-bugs-testing/71441-test-google-photos.html

There's also a thread around that I started about how to post photos without using the MLS storage. You save the photo on your desktop or similar, start a post, then use the 'Go Advanced' mode to edit the post and attach the saved photo. After uploading, you can right-click and get the 'image location' and re-edit to enter it as an image.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete
Henner's post used the same method that I used to use which was making a public album in Google+ but that option is no longer available in Google
That is why, I am trying different ways to post .

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Bill, under the reply box is an option to Go Advanced, click on that to open a list of options. Scroll down to Add Attachments. This opens a side bar where you can upload directly from your hard drive. Follow the instructions to create a list with thumbnails in the attachments box. Before you Submit Reply, open each thumbnail one at a time, right click on the pic and copy it's location. Use that to enter into your post via the mountain/moon icon and you can insert (embed) the pics. It's a one at a time affair, but there is no uploading eleswhere, so it works out...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well I could see them before and can see them now, which begs the question, why can some see them and some not? Being logged into Google in some fashion? That is nuts if it is the case.....

Jerry

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Bill
I can see images now, before I could not so don't know what goes on there. I use google chrome but apart from simple placing of images from my desktop you guys are way ahead of me. Keep posting photo's of your loco builds as these are some of the best things on any website anywhere and I should post encouragement but rest assured me and many others love your work and learn a lot from it.
Thanks
Russell

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Full size with detail.

·
Junior Senior Member
564 Posts
Yes I can now see both the thumbnails and the full size picture.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Pete
Henner's post used the same method that I used to use which was making a public album in Google+ but that option is no longer available in Google
That is why, I am trying different ways to post .
Many of us moved our photos to Largescalecentral, which is privately owned and makes 'freightshed' space available for posting photos, etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts