G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I dont seem to be able to add photos to a post,
I cant find a browse button to just click & add pics.
when I click on the square button at the top,  I get asked for a Url, which my pics dont seem to have.
Am I missing something?
I am not a computer whizz.

Do I need to have a web site to have a URL

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Your pics to need to hosted online somewhere to post them here. They also need to be a maximum of 640 pixels wide. There are quite a few free online image posting sites like photobucket.com (the one I use) and imageshack.net. Once you have your photos online just add image tags around it

[img*]http://www.photolink[/img*]

Like above without the " * "s and be sure the "img" is in small letters.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi,

No other than being a 1st class or gold member that is one way of getting photo put onto MLS. It is becoming very popular but DO ensure that the photos are a MAX width of 640 pixels, any wider and the are reduced to links. - that is the photo can be accessed, but does not show in your post, when it has been altered by the moderators.

The other way is to restrict photos to 60KB, then you can post dierct, via the 3 'Browse' buttons at the bottom of the main editor (reply button) for MLS. These do NOT appear in the quick reply section.

Generally both requirements can be done in such programs as Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop elements and such like.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yes, you need to host them elsewhere. The second site I mentioned - imageshack.net doesn't even require you to become a member. You can just upload your pic then it will give you the links (but then its hard to find them later if you need to). Both sites give you the option of resizing your pics to various sizes as you upload.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
So, how do you do it if you ARE a first class member? There are wads of new icons, but the instructions are in Spanish, or Urdu, or some such. Not particularly useful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts