G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question was asked in the rolling stock forum about articulated cars. I responded to the question that I had done that already and would post my build for the benefit of others.I prepared the write-up with pics and now when I try to load it to the furom it won't load as I can't copy and paste with the pictures and it's to large as an attachment. How do I load this as it is in a somewhat pdf format at 7 pages to give an idea of size
Dave

·
Administrator
5,728 Posts
Dave - the photos have to be sized to 640 pixels wide max. and uploaded to your 1st Class web space if you wish to post them directly. I see you already have stuff in your web space so I'll assume you know how to do that. You can use the "Add Reply" or "Start a New Topic" button and copy the text directly from your write-up. It usually works better to save it first as a plain text file first, then copy and paste from that using Notepad as this eliminates all the funky formatting crap that Word and other word processors insert into documents.

Once you have the text pasted in, then you can insert the appropriate code at the right locations to display the photos where you want them. The code is...

without the Asterisk, where PhotoURL is the actual URL of the desired photo. Once you have one photo in, you can copy the image insertion code and paste it in wherever you need it, and just change PhotoURL as required.

Another option would be to upload the PDF to your 1st Class web space and post a link to it. Those wishing to do so could then download it. Not as elegant of a solution, but it will work. :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dwight,
thank you for the quick reply. Now assuming I have that html code thing down will that allow me to insert more than 3 pictures or will I have to find a different way to mark them
without the asteric but with the space between img and src then the url will allow me to add pics anywhere in my post
Dave

·
Administrator
5,728 Posts
without the asteric but with the space between img and src then the url will allow me to add pics anywhere in my post
That is correct - with a caveat... as I said, you'll first need to resize the photos (if necessary) and upload them. Using "C:my... anything" isn't going to work as one can't display photos on their own hard drive.

BTW, the glitch that would hang things up with multiple photos was found and fixed a while back. :)

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
then you can insert the appropriate code at the right locations to display the photos

Dwight,

It's still a lot easier just to use the IMG construct:
{img}picture-url.jpg{/img} but use [ square brackets ] not curly ones.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dwight and Pete
Thanks again for your help. I'm going to try this again. Can I ask you to watch for my post and guide me along if I'm having trouble with the pictures?
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts