G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Jon Hollahan, president of the Tradewinds + Atlantic 7.5 Gauge railroad on a possible raised track next to there track on the northside of Tradewinds Park in coconut creek florida.
He wanted me to put a proposal together and if approved, the club would get the funding to building it. Also, we would be covered under the clubs insurance policy.

Question:
I want to know all those in South Florida who are interested in this (live steam and electric(electric will be on or off depending on whos running of course lol)), a great place to have steamups in South Florida!! Possibly grow our ranks in this great hobby!!

The track will be away from the general public in the "members only" of the railroad club section.
www.livesteamers.org/

-Andrew Finegan

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
That sounds great. It seems allot of 7.5 gauge clubs are going in this direction. It only make sense and makes the club even more interesting especially for the public. It would probably get more people in the hobby. I would make it simple and stay away from track power. Live steam, live diesel and battery powered locos.
I haven't spoken to Jon Hollahan in a long time. He might be a little mad at me for giving up my membership lol. He is a great guy and he did allot for the club as president for 3 or more years, I lost count now.

Bruce.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, hes still there with the bunch nice guys, I met them today lol

As for track power, I was just thinking,, block ti off anyway, get the existing locos up there running and slowly have them convert over lol

-Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts