G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Staver Locomotive in Portland Oregon will be hosting a Fall Steam-up as well as layout and facility tours for the Narrow Guage Convention. Anyone else here planning on attending this event? I look forward to meeting those in attendance as I will be running my Shay, Ruby, Aster Mikado and S2.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
...and WE arrive in Portland on 17 September...../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

sigh.....

tac, mrs tac, ig, cwro the crow and erl the lobster

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
just got back from an afternoon at Stavers. Great fun. Mr. Tac Foley, you need to be negatively commended for extraordinarily poor planning on your part for missing Stavers and the narrow gauge convention event the last few days. Would have loved to meet you in person....alas I am leaving for socal on saturday.

jonathan/EMW

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By K27_463 on 09/12/2008 6:17 PM
just got back from an afternoon at Stavers. Great fun. Mr. Tac Foley, you need to be negatively commended for extraordinarily poor planning on your part for missing Stavers and the narrow gauge convention event the last few days. Would have loved to meet you in person....alas I am leaving for socal on saturday.
jonathan/EMW

Alas, Mr Jonathon, for my poor planning. Y'see, things move at a somewhat more sedate pace over here in the fens....we are only now hearing of the recent defeat of poor General Lee, a man that most of us admire greatly, at Gettysburg, let alone keeping up to date with happenings on the far west side part of the country.

So I hope that I might beforgiven for not knowing when a local steam-up is to take place...

Next year at Staver's, though. If I'm spared, I'll be the old fart wearing the Pendleton shirt and accompanied by a small, fuzzy-topped vulture, and wearing my MLS badge, of course, in case of confusion with somebody else.

Best

tac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts