G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the photos- once again proving that each one is worth a thousand words! Much clearer now - Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will go up on the waterfall, but that's getting ripped out right now. Will hide it behind rocks/plants. Probably sit out like that till it gets cold anyway, not sure much filtration is needed in the winter. Did hook up the bigger pump to it and it seems to be handling it fine. Once I get the water pretty clear, I should be able to go to a two week cycle, Marty said. Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
The best pond filters are the ones we invent ourselves, using common materials, usually on hand.

I have found this out through experience and being cheap.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Posted By Jerry Barnes on 10/07/2008 2:16 PM
... Once I get the water pretty clear, I should be able to go to a two week cycle, Marty said. Jerry

Hey Jerry, what do you mean by a two week cycle?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hooked my bigger pump up to the filter and that did not work too well. Smaller/slower pump lets the debris settle, faster one just shot it right past, I guess. Outgoing water was as green as the incoming. When I hooked the small one back up the outflow was clear and the pond starting clearing up again. So, some tweaking required.

Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts