G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POC PROGRESS - PART 4

To continue from Part 3...
http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/9/postid/40227/view/topic/Default.aspx

Looks better planted in the earth. Of course there's still ballasting to be done.

A new siding has been cut in in the distance. A warehouse-forwarding structure will be built there as a
flat.

This gives some idea of what the area will look like once the track is ballasted in properly.

I've kept commentary to a minimum as the photos are mostly self-explanatory for those that have followed this
string. Too, I've already lost this entire post once after placing all the photos so simplicity is the watchword
until everything's settled down a bit better here. Hopefully there's enough pictographs to make it all worthwhile.

Don't let the lack of dialogue keep you from any inquiries. Queries are welcome.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Thank you for posting your pictures. Who needs dialogue-the pix are definately worth it.:D

Truly my inspiration. I'm STILL designing my elevated layout.:cool:

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Very nice Richard ! ... and all of us are guessing as to what goes on behind the hill through that tunnel??

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Amazing what a little bit of dirt and rock can do, in the right hands of course /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

I do see what you mean about the height contrasting helping in furthering the illusion of exaggerated distance.

The other thing is I clearly see now what you were saying about how something that you would expect to cause crowding (i.e. the rapid rise and overall height) actually does the exact opposite and pulls the track into the scene, even without the small shack being there at the start/end of the trestle.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Posted By jimtyp on 08/06/2008 4:33 PM
Just gorgeous! That is quite the S.O.B. layout :)

Hehe! S.O.B. That's a three letter title after my name that I've truly earned. I hope I've acquited myself in a professional manner befitting the "honors". ;)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Steve,
The dirt here holds a pretty good slope so it should stay the course pretty well. It is presently very loose however so it will settle quite a bit during the winter rains and have to be re-dressed next spring after which it should require only an occasional minor tending to thereafter. The nice thing about real dirt is it looks so real. hehe! I've often wondered why we didn't use it more indoors. After all people bring dirt inside for flower pots all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Richard,

Simply stunning! The shot you took of the portal with the track ballasted looks so real!! If I didn't see the rest of the threads, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was not a 1:1 railroad!! Looking forward to more of your posts, especially with some trains running along that trestle!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Hey Richard.

There is a guy here in Phoenix I have been trying to get in to see. He did somethings I wanted to take pcitures of. But every time I got there there was some reason he was not running.

I have this spot on my RR that after I poured the road base and got the track laid I stood back and looked at it and Said "That was stupid how our going to correct that."

Now you gave me some Ideas that is going to make that sore spot look great. I am on my way out to my Back Hoe to collect some more rocks and "Local Dirt"

I hope your realize what a inspiration you are to all of us.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mark & JJ,
Thanks much guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Dave,
No flattened frogs here Dave, but then I'm not trying to get even with anybody... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Posted By Dave F on 08/06/2008 10:20 PM
Very nice Richard.. once again you've given me somthing to aspire to...
Keep it up.

That's EXACTLY my sentiment....woof is all I can say!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.