G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The club was blessed with outstanding weather, available track time , great friends and lots of steam.
successful K27 coal fired run:

Two follow MLS members had tional point by Justin and Brit seems to have gotten the firing routine down:

Then it was on to the mainline:

At the club girls and steam seem to be a popular thing throughout the range of scale sizes:

On the topic of coal firing Mike brought his B & O coal fired Mike along with his portable:

Ryan brought along is KFC with a good PRR K4 coal fired run:

ALS crew member Roy spot enjoying a relaxing moment with his PRR Mike:

There were many highlights during the meet, Saturday had a some fiery runs
Continuing with Justin and his coal fired K27- very impressive

Justin also showed not only the pulling power but the speed of the narrow gauge with a 60+smph pulling over 19 cars:

On the topic of speed the GS4 displayed a fast passenger speed of 110 smph:

The GS4 was impressive the the lights and interesting watching the mars light:

SP GS4 power was well denoted on the tracks with one of each:

The range from the full colored Daylight to the monochrome Black GS4 all had modifications (Watson levers) with great performances:

After two repair jobs (3 for 3 with hose problem on the engine under the stack) on the BIG SP power beast it was off to the track for some running time:
Ryan with Jeff and then Bob

Fortunately on the third run was a charm getting a good pull and speed trial. The engine with 30 cars + caboose got 60 smph and 85 smph light:

The Aster Berk had an impressive run:

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Great Coverage Charles,Your Post of Steamups are always Great.Some of the Best .Looks like all had a great time.
We will have to see what Gas Prices will do to Participation at this Year Steamups.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Thanks Charles,
I love the pictures, especially the one where Justin's locomotive is demonstrating what a real sparkie is. Those other guys have it all wrong. It's been years since I've been to the PLS site and I need to get back there soon.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim
We had an opportunity to run both GS4's this weekend (Aster and Accucraft). The GS4 (modified by Gordon Watson) daylight matched the Aster tie for tie along the railbed. The speed and beauty of the locomotive is always eye catching for the visitors. Amazing brakes on it (one can tell them apart given the GS4-GW has the lights) going from 110 smph (cruising speed) to dead stop on the trestle..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif" border=0>

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hey Brit, glad you had a good time. You'll have to get some more throttle time on my engine soon! Thanks again for the great pics Charles. You guys missed a good show Sunday! Johh Bortz put 30+ cars and two dead engines behind his big Berk and make some nice runs around the track. I also took a little pic for Ryan, he should know what it is...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts