G Scale Model Train Forum banner

81 - 100 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Above is a thread "a beginner's site in Southern Arizona", it has me as the original poster. My response was to a previous post by Fyrekop. I did not start this thread. Chuck

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Subscribe links to follow a post.

Sent you a pm asking for more info.
Not sure where you sent the PM? Use this mail if you can ( [email protected].) I"ll take a screens shot on the e-mail post and show where it goes to home page for you. Tk's Noel

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Noel,
On the top right of a page it says Hello Noel and 2 lines down tells you how many private messages are unread and your total number of messages. 'Private Messages' is a live link to yours. Click it.

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Hi David,

Did you set your time zone? Go to User CP in the second blue menu bar, on the left side click Edit Options, scroll down the center of the page to Date and Time Options.

Larry
Thanks Larry,
I didn't know about that!
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Above is a thread "a beginner's site in Southern Arizona", it has me as the original poster. My response was to a previous post by Fyrekop. I did not start this thread. Chuck
Chuck I've already notified the admin, whats happened is EVERY SINGLE FIRST POST in ALL topics has vanished, and the posts have reverted in ownership to whoever made the SECOND post.

This is the biggest SNAFU of the switchover, and they had better have a way to fix it or its going to be shear CHAOS here and a nightmare to sort out :eek:

VS says its been trouble ticketed and that they are working on it. We'll see :(

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
YES!!!! we now have the greatest feature ever! the ability to add people to an "ignore list"! :) fantastic!..was there someone here endlessly complaining? every post whining, annoying and negative? I dont know, if there was, I can no longer see them..sweet..

Scot

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
This is not a priority, but some of us would like to change our ID if possible. This was no possible with the old program. I would like to change mine from RLVette to Randy Stone. Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
This is not a priority, but some of us would like to change our ID if possible. This was no possible with the old program. I would like to change mine from RLVette to Randy Stone. Thank you
Randy,
I've been trying to change mine FROM my name, for internet security reasons! (Let us know if it can be done.)

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Leech
I notice that the 'active topics' list, does NOT show which FORUM it is from.
I find this useful.
Like anything new, I guess we can get used to change, or are most of us too old to cope with that????
Regards,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

Fixed!
Thank you - that was helpful. However, one more tweak, if you please. The old Forums used to show you the pages of the "Active Topic" in the list, so you could go straight to the LAST page. (If the topic is 3 pages long, and is active, you probably already saw the first pages.)

I think I'm asking for the same things as the post above by bnfsconductor.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Doing an 'Image copy' from elsewhere then a 'Paste' in the editor no longer creates the necessary HTML to display the image. It just creates a hyperlink to the image instead.

I can see that the new Quick Reply now has an Image button
which requires the web address of the image.
Some may just have to get used to doing that way instead. No problemo!
As long as there is an easy way to do it for the basic user.
Not being able to add images in Quick Reply like before was way stupid design anyway. I used to forget nearly every time.
A consistent user interface is important. Same hamburger where ever you go!

Andrew

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
We only have 10 minutes to edit any mistakes we may have made in a post unlike before it was several hours.
My eyes are too slow to see all my fudgy typos that quick!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
chuck i've already notified the admin, whats happened is every single first post in all topics has vanished, and the posts have reverted in ownership to whoever made the second post.

This is the biggest snafu of the switchover, and they had better have a way to fix it or its going to be shear chaos here and a nightmare to sort out :eek:

Vs says its been trouble ticketed and that they are working on it. We'll see :(
Our first posts are back! Yeah!!

Thank you vs! Great job!

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Request- Active Topics that show posts from various dates. Ie: Last login, 1 hour, 2 hour, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc
Request- I think this has been mentioned already but I would like to see a thread automatically go to the last post you read in the topic. Kind of related to issue 1 above.

Craig,
to go to the first unread post click on the 3 squares in the shape of a triangle BEFORE (TO THE LEFT OF) the name of the thread.

John

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Question--what are those bracketed characters after my signoff name?

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Question--what are those bracketed characters after my signoff name?

Larry
The remnants of an italics tag set, and a bold tag set.
You originally had your name in italics, and bold.
for some reason, the front tags are now missing, or somehow corrupted..
try going back into your signature and editing it..
Scot

81 - 100 of 212 Posts