G Scale Model Train Forum banner

61 - 80 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
One more thing to add to the list:

Desktop connection is OK, but having trouble connecting via Smartphone, Android X system on Verizon, when opening it constantly reloads and eventually says:

Data Connectivity Problem
The Server Failed to Communicate, Try Again Later

Eventually it does load and eventually it will open, but its slooooow.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Vs...my phone works "perfect" now....!! I can post again !

Admin...best ..quick answer for thread . DMS Ry...
Look on active topics page..down about 18 - 19 items..
Missing pages are in the 72 - 78 page range...
I also will have copy of missing first OP opening statement.

Thanks, Dirk

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Hi, congrats on the rollout so far, seems fast and clean, while retaining the look & feel!

I miss the "My Topics" button & listing. The Search / Find My Posts in similar, but it expands the listing quite a bit, and doesn't take me to the latest post. Maybe I'm just not using it right, still learning the new format.

Good luck,

Cliff

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hi,
I just signed out, and then in again to try and understand, and my computer clock said 1.56pm PST.
Top right of the screen gives me the message:-
"Welcome, David Leech.
You last visited: Today at 09:55 PM"
I assume that that is when I signed out, perhaps 1.55pm, so it appears that MLS is on GMT.
Not a bug, but maybe confusing as it doesn't say which time zone!
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
Hi David,

Did you set your time zone? Go to User CP in the second blue menu bar, on the left side click Edit Options, scroll down the center of the page to Date and Time Options.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
When you use the Quote button to start a reply on a thread, the outcome does not distinguish the quoted part....from the new part added. Perhaps the font should be different for the quoted part...or a different color...or quotation marks added...anything to distinguish the old from the new.

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Did current pay-by-the-year people all get free lifetime premium memberships? Cool!

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
I notice there is an icon under my name on the left that indicates I am a "Lifetime Premium member". Uh... "Lifetime"??? Thanks, that would be appreciated! -- But I don't want to take advantage of some sort of snafu in the change over. Unless you are prognosticating that I will die before the end of the 2 year 1st class membership I paid for last spring!

Click on it and it tells you this forum has NO paid subscriptions, just a fancy doodad!

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Still don't have the option to access my photos on this site when I click on the image icon. Cannot figure out how to access my photo storage here. I suggest that perhaps a tutorial could be posted on the beginners forum on how to access our MLS photo storage. Seems like we are all newbies in that regard.

Thanks,
David Meashey

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Embedded videos are gone. There were three in the Live Steam/Scranton 2014 thread. Now there is nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Chat needs to retain way more chat posts....like 1000, if possible. When folks come into our nightly chat sessions, they frequently go back (in time) and read the chat posts to catch up. Can that be done...retaining more posts?

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Dave try the Home page, it's the old design.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
While in chat...if you click a chatters name, it gives you the Private Message panel and you can send a Private Message. BUT...on the receiving end, we can find NO notification that a Private Message is waiting for you. It's there...but the Unread Private Message count stays at zero.

Is there a more overt way to tell someone they have a private message waiting?

This is kinda important, because we have learned NOT to put email addresses or phone numbers IN the chat itself...because chat files are crawled. We've learned to use the old Private Chat (which has been replaced by Private Messaging). If there is a way to privately chat...how about letting us know.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Is there a way to adjust how far back the Active Topics list of thread goes back in time?...like last week, last two weeks, last year, today, last two days, etc.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
So ..these guys in Canada work a day job, right!??

They won't be back in the office till morning for more thrills an spills on MLS...

Good first Day..

Dirk

61 - 80 of 212 Posts