G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Are you talking about the webspace? http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/
yes and no... in the old reply editor, when adding a pic, a pop up had the box containing the 1st class pics, one could select from there as well as on personal files. Now I have to go to a different page to copy the URL.
A new trick, woof?

Also, opening 1st class showed my total as 96%, does this count towards Albums which seems new?

Thanks.
John

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
OK sure and thanks.
John

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
yes and no... in the old reply editor, when adding a pic, a pop up had the box containing the 1st class pics, one could select from there as well as on personal files. Now I have to go to a different page to copy the URL.
A new trick, woof?

Also, opening 1st class showed my total as 96%, does this count towards Albums which seems new?

Thanks.
John
Albums and the firstclass web storage are totally different so they wont count towards your total storage on the 1st class storage. I want to work on a special gallery soon for showcasing everyone's collections as well. If anyone fancies them selves an expert on trains I will need your help setting up the categories for this plugin.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Gonna add my notice from the News forum here as well.

When I open "My Threads" or "My Posts" or look through the topics pages, ALL initial posts on EVERY topic has vanished. Now EVERY post is attributed to whoever did the SECOND post, meaning the ENTIRE WEBSITE is now FUBAR.

I have threads that I created now attributed to whomever did the second post, and there are thread attributed to me simply because I was the second poster. This appears to me to have occured across the ENTIRE forum.

Examples:

Originally by me:

http://forums.mylargescale.com/13-i...door-layout-new-reckless-experimentation.html

By another member, yet now its listed under me:

http://forums.mylargescale.com/13-indoor-railways/25887-my-small-layout.html

and this is less than a week old, yet my initial post is MIA.

http://forums.mylargescale.com/15-m...-us-indoor-guys-can-get-away-m-u-r-d-e-r.html

Look, this is a serious major SNAFU, if its unfixable then what the **** was the point of all this? The entire forum is now scrambled up way worse than anything it was before?

Am I the only one seeing this????

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You are not the only one seeing this. I have opened a ticket with the techs regarding this issue. I will post as soon as I hear that this is resolved and repaired.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
I notice that the 'active topics' list, does NOT show which FORUM it is from.
I find this useful.
Like anything new, I guess we can get used to change, or are most of us too old to cope with that????
Regards,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
Hi Jerry,
Same place, just a different way to get there from here!!! If you go to the home tab on the top of page the old menu bar still has the "members" button with the link to !st class web space. OR you can just go here;

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/

Works good for me.
Larry

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
It is working ...much better..time hopefully will resolvr the snafuses...ha

One problem I see on several threads are the lack of photos ..showing up..currently they are blank white spots where they used to be!

Now ..the ones missing are from Flicker, using the latest "embeded code"....which has been a recent problem any way...

Not sure how VS wants to remedy this ....
I saved all data for my personal thread..."DMS Ry., One Man's Journey - track and layout"

I can supply whatever or work with you to change this issue. Currently it appears I'm missing pix from the first of the year...

Thanks for the improvements here, the increased Speed, and even being a Senior something...hope to learn a few new tricks to navigate a fresh site.

Dirk - DMRR & DMS Ry.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Since I always log-out when I am done for the day, I go to the Home page to log-in again when I come back the next day. Just now I went to the Home page and clicked the Login link at the top and got the familiar login page. I entered my ID and password and was taken back to the Home page and it showed my ID in the menu bar like normal.

I then clicked the link to 'Active Topics' and the resultant page still had adverts on the left side and a place at the top for me to Log-in. Hmmm... I piddled around a bit to no avail, so I entered my ID and password there and clicked the login button and got a page that said thanks for logging in... then I was taken back to the Active Topics page and the adverts and the login textboxes were gone.

Seems the Home page login does not carry over to the forums.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I notice there is an icon under my name on the left that indicates I am a "Lifetime Premium member". Uh... "Lifetime"??? Thanks, that would be appreciated! -- But I don't want to take advantage of some sort of snafu in the change over. Unless you are prognosticating that I will die before the end of the 2 year 1st class membership I paid for last spring!

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
When sub a threat in our mail we get this........
To view the complete thread and reply, please visit: http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aft/129432/afc/326969/Default.aspx

Thank you, myLargescale.com

then wen we go to the site. we get the .........
myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

And now not sure where the page is or where to find it. Have to go thru all of them to find the link that was send. Just one thing I found so far. noel & Jane

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I notice that the 'active topics' list, does NOT show which FORUM it is from.
I find this useful.
Like anything new, I guess we can get used to change, or are most of us too old to cope with that????
Regards,
David Leech, Delta, Canada
Fixed!

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Do we still have our signature with our logos anymore on bottom off our post? Mine is not showing any longer. Noel

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I notice there is an icon under my name on the left that indicates I am a "Lifetime Premium member". Uh... "Lifetime"??? Thanks, that would be appreciated! -- But I don't want to take advantage of some sort of snafu in the change over. Unless you are prognosticating that I will die before the end of the 2 year 1st class membership I paid for last spring!
this was a default, The icons are getting changed to little 1st class boarding passes as soon as I can get the graphic from creative.

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It is working ...much better..time hopefully will resolvr the snafuses...ha

One problem I see on several threads are the lack of photos ..showing up..currently they are blank white spots where they used to be!

Now ..the ones missing are from Flicker, using the latest "embeded code"....which has been a recent problem any way...

Not sure how VS wants to remedy this ....
I saved all data for my personal thread..."DMS Ry., One Man's Journey - track and layout"

I can supply whatever or work with you to change this issue. Currently it appears I'm missing pix from the first of the year...

Thanks for the improvements here, the increased Speed, and even being a Senior something...hope to learn a few new tricks to navigate a fresh site.

Dirk - DMRR & DMS Ry.
Do you have a link to one of these pages, I want to have a poke around.

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
When sub a threat in our mail we get this........
To view the complete thread and reply, please visit: http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aft/129432/afc/326969/Default.aspx

Thank you, myLargescale.com

then wen we go to the site. we get the .........
myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

And now not sure where the page is or where to find it. Have to go thru all of them to find the link that was send. Just one thing I found so far. noel & Jane
Sent you a pm asking for more info.

41 - 60 of 212 Posts