G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Modulator
22,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did say experience... of course you may have been reading since 2007, but 4 posts does not count as a lot of experience posting.

So, you have to up the ante by an insult... ok, you are now even further out with the insult... stuff it...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
There you go, comparing size again. Perhaps the post count was reset when VS took over. Either way, you’ve the one picking fights and storming off. Go sulk on your corner of the internet

·
Super Modulator
22,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There you go, comparing size again. Perhaps the post count was reset when VS took over. Either way, you’ve the one picking fights and storming off. Go sulk on your corner of the internet
you up the ante, and then throw another insult, and of course if the post count was reset, then mine would not be over 20,000. .... come clean, are you the Bubba, Marty's old friend?

·
Registered
1:20.3 Bachmann 2-8-0 Connie, currently installing quad smoke units, three decoders, and servos
20 Posts
Today, yet another brand new member and first post is SPAM and with an advertising link.

I use this forum software on several other forums that I moderate. Please set up the default for new members to MODERATED status, you have enough moderators and the rate of new members is very low, well within their capabilities.

And if 3 moderators are not enough, I'll volunteer to moderate new members, normally all you have to do is moderate the first post and see they are a spammer and ban their email address... 2 or 3 reasonable posts and you un-moderate them. this is not rocket science.

This is getting worse, not better....

Greg Elmassian

I made a post the other day in DCC (first time) but it seems to be unposted. Wasn't sure if I needed to do anything further or what the process is for approving? Thanks!

·
Registered
1:20.3 Bachmann 2-8-0 Connie, currently installing quad smoke units, three decoders, and servos
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay mdenim, I approved your post. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks Dwight!

I checked again, but now it is still showing crossed out? I don’t see it on the forums so I’m not sure if it’s still hidden? Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it

·
Administrator
439 Posts
We are currently working on several improvements to our spam detection tools. As you can imagine when we roll out any improvements, the spammers change their methods and tactics. The best defense is a strong offense. Active moderators are effective in removing the spam when they can. Members can always report suspected spammers which will highlight these accounts and posts to moderators for action.

Daniel

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.