G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me find photos of a layout. The layout is outdoors and consists of lots of very tall trestles. It was built by professional layout builders. The photos may have been in a book or magazine.

Any help would be appreciated!

CCSII 

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I remember had multiple trestles all higher than the ones at Rick's site under "trestles." Thanks for the link though, he has some nice stuff there.

I think the layout I'm trying to find had separate builders and painters, does that ring a bell? The photos were looking up at trestles that crved and crossed at what looked like 7 or 8 feet high.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
was it the one on the side of the guys house with the giant steel 2 track arched girder bridges, he was saying something like expanding it to the other side of his house. Would like to find that link too lol.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I can't remember whose it is, but I'm sure you're talking about the one in California in the guys backyard. Concrete block wall around the yard.Waterfall was two levels about 14' tall.Pictures showed the construction crew walking on the trestles. Needed extension ladders to reach the top of the trestles.Seems like most if not all of the track was on trestle.Plenty of arches.
Discription only to help others visualize to spark their memories.

Dave

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
It was an online magazine/showcase for a company that built Garden railways, I think in California.
I recall it as well, the link was posted here.
Could be this guy?

rick the railroad guy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dave

I'm Charley.

I don't find the layout I'm looking for on Rick's web page. Maybe he took it down. I do remember the picture of him, walking on his trestle.

Thanks to all for your suggestions, I'll keep looking

Charley

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well dad gum. My browser froze without loading all of the photos for the J J & S and that is the one!

Many thanks again, I guess I go back under cover for now

Charley

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hagen,
Yes Rick has done quite a few it's just the jjs was a direct link. I used your link to get to the jjs

Dave

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I just realised the link doesn't excactly 'stand out', so in case, then again, I didn't find the JJ before you posted the link either, just saw from the style of some of the other layouts that this could definitely be the guy :)
But I guess it wasn't California after all :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts