G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is evidence that "playing" with trains is a very intelligent decision!

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha! No contest.

When I found out my old board had delaminated during summer storage, i dropped $400 on a new one and immediately sold enough trains on eBay to cover the cost.

I love trains, no question, but snowboarding is a thrill.

Was it worth it? Well, I have ridden in 4+ feet of fresh snow in Vermont since mid December, and even some powder which is a Vermont rarity. Ironically, I bought a board especially tricked out for ice, which is what we expect in Vermont.

My son started skiing lessons last month, too,  so I got to share the love of winter with him on his first lift rides.

And, yes, he knows once the warmer months return, the garden railroad is our full focus. But now? Nothing comes between me and my board!

As for greyshaker, is riding stupid? Well, maybe no more or less stupid than the money we lay down on toy trains! ;-)

By the way, quite ironically, what the guy in the video is doing is called "riding a rail!"

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha! No contest.

When I found out my old board had delaminated during summer storage, i dropped $400 on a new one and immediately sold enough trains on eBay to cover the cost.

I love trains, no question, but snowboarding is a thrill.

Was it worth it? Well, I have ridden in 4+ feet of fresh snow in Vermont since mid December, and even some powder which is a Vermont rarity. Ironically, I bought a board especially tricked out for ice, which is what we expect in Vermont.

My son started skiing lessons last month, too,  so I got to share the love of winter with him on his first lift rides.

And, yes, he knows once the warmer months return, the garden railroad is our full focus. But now? Nothing comes between me and my board!

As for greyshaker, is riding stupid? Well, maybe no more or less stupid than the money we lay down on toy trains! ;-)

By the way, quite ironically, what the guy in the video is doing is called "riding a rail!"

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts