G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Ray,
Do you mean 1200 Series Ore Cars built by Koppel Industrial Car & Equipment Co. in Koppel, PA or are you referring to ore cars built by Koppel of Germany? If US car information is what you seek, check out this site: http://nn.railfan.net/Ingoldsby/gold4.htm and scroll down to the 1200 series for descriptions and photographs. Also check out Chapter 6 of the photo gallery further down.
Also, you might check out the Rail Driver Car Builders Cyclopedia to see if your ore car is on the list. These cyclopedias contain builders drawings.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i think the short line&narrowguage mag would be your best betm if you are looking for euoropean mining equipment plans pecco (alantic publishing Uk ) publishes Continental Modeler , And Narrowguage world Mag or some thing like that ( they have plans of european euipment articles and plans for european equipment . hope this helps .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Posted By jlcop on 11/20/2008 6:50 AM
Thanks Dana;
I don't know if that is what Ray needed but I can use them!
John

glad to be some use john

·
Premium Member
21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
About the Koppel ore car at the Adirondack Museum: it is missing the journals that the axles rode in. The car frame is sitting directly on the ends of the axles!
SandyR

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Sandy,

Are you sure? I was up mthere a few years ago and don't remember anything that major missing??? They were pretty simple journals, not much to them. CI if I remember correctly, maybe bearings inside the CI. I assume there may be many of those scattered in the Adirondacks.

Where on the Shores of Ontario are you??? I'm in Rochester.

Jack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts