G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Modulator
21,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm planning to go, and went to figure out a rough schedule. Went to the site, and woah! The vendor hall is open really weird hours.

For example, seems it is open from 4pm to 9pm on Thursday. Why? All I can guess is that the railroad tours are in Tucson that day, so they figure everyone will drive the 2 hours to Tucson in the morning, and no reason to have the vendor hall open?

Has anyone else thought the hours of the vendor hall is just plain weird?

What days are people planning to attend? My tentative dates are check in Wednesday evening, then get up at crack of dawn and haul out to Tucson for the tours... or maybe drive to Tucson (I live in San Diego) Wednesday, and then go to the tours, and check into the hotel Thursday afternoon, see the vendor show until 9pm, etc.

Just wondering how people are planning to handle this.

Regards, Greg

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Hi Greg,

I'm flying out probably late on Monday night.  Wed. the 30th, Duncan's Sun Dancer RR is on the tour schedule.  On Thursday May 1st is the approved, official MLS day at the Sun Dancer./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Tommy:cool:

Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Greg,
The vendor hall hours at the conventions do seem to have strange hours and I suspect it is just as you say. Registration numbers at the conventions are really not that large, so if most of your registered attendees are out on tours there is little need for the vendor hall to be open.

Looking forward to seeing the days when most folks are attending. We hope to make it for at least part of it, so I would like to catch the time when most of our friends are around!

Steve

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Greg (and all),
There are a bunch of layouts open for the tour(s), and I'm guessing it's on the order of about 12 to 15 per day here in the Phoenix area.
Tours run until 2:00 pm, so there is a little time to get cleaned up before hitting the hall, or that evening's events.
Like Tommy mentioned, I'm on the tour on Wednesday, and were hosting an MLS open house Thursday afternoon/early evening

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Yep plan to arrive early Weds to take in a few layouts around the area. As Greg says the hall hrs are strange. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Seeing as it is a new page, I'll add that Jill and I will be attending, and most certainly, we will be at Duncans on the Thursday.

We are staying at the Crown Plaza Hotel. See you in the bar........................:rolleyes:

Rod F.

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
All right Rod in the bar now thats my way of relaxing after a hard days drive.:)  Later RJD

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I reckon the wifely one and I will be parked somewhere nearby for the duration of the convention (testing out a new RV).

We're hoping to finally meet some MLS'rs face-to-face this time...

Dawg :cool:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Dis goan be so much phun!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Yep I can hardley wait.  Goning to be a fun week.  Especially if I get to visit Phils layout and do my inspection:)  Later RJD

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Of course if you folks get bored waiting for the vendor hall to open, you can always hang at the live steam track.  Bring an engine and while away the day, you might even forget there is other things going on:D

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Posted By aceinspp on 01/13/2008 6:17 PM
Yep I can hardley wait.  Goning to be a fun week.  Especially if I get to visit Phils layout and do my inspection:)  Later RJD

Who might Phil be?

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Phil be there in the Phoenix area who I met on another forum and has one cool layout. :) Later RJD

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Posted By aceinspp on 02/10/2008 5:23 PM
Phil be there in the Phoenix area who I met on another forum and has one cool layout. :) Later RJD

Boy, that really narrowed it down...  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif
If you're so inclined, swing by.
Just back from our vacation, and back to work out in the shop.  Buildings must arise from the piles of wood...  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

Preliminary menu is looking like:
* Beef short ribs
* Bratwurst (sauer kraut if desired)
* Burgers (cheese available)
* Potato material (small, red, - either wedged and pan fried, or boiled)
* Romaine lettuce/salad
* Appropriate condiments

All prediacted on the budget holding out, and all of this is subect to modification, depending upon what might strike my fancy between now and then...

Be advised, we are carnivores, and eschew vegan tendencies...  Salad and greens are good, but only as accompaniment to meat...

Additional suggestions will be entertained...:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Duncan: Do not know if  he wants other folks to know.  So I figured he may chime in.  Of course it depends if he happens to be around that weekend.  :)  Looking to make the trip.  Heading to Perry tomorrow.  Yepi spend spend:D  Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Bob I will have my LS Mike with me as was planning running at Gregs house after heading out Friday. So may look
you all up at the show. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Posted By aceinspp on 02/13/2008 10:57 AM
Duncan: Do not know if  he wants other folks to know.  So I figured he may chime in.  Of course it depends if he happens to be around that weekend.  :)  Looking to make the trip.  Heading to Perry tomorrow.  Yepi spend spend:D  Later RJD

Not a problem...  :cool:

If you're inclined to swing by the MLS open house at the SDRR, chime in here:

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/13/postid/10269/view/topic/Default.aspx

Getting a head count...   :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts