G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Hi John, Russell here, I might be able to help you out as I think I have some plans I could probably scan and e mail to you from an old magazine I was looking at today that I forgot about, hope it will reproduce OK. I'll do it tomorrow and you let me know if they are OK.
I think it has rough plans for both the early shorty caboose as well as the long caboose.
Russell

· Junior Senior Member
662 Posts
Which caboose? In narrow gauge there were short cabooses (4 wheel), rebuilt short cabooses (8 wheel), and long cabooses. In Standard gauge they went from wood to steel over the years, many changes. So which one are you thinking about?

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which caboose? In narrow gauge there were short cabooses (4 wheel), rebuilt short cabooses (8 wheel), and long cabooses. In Standard gauge they went from wood to steel over the years, many changes. So which one are you thinking about?
The wood sided D&RGW long caboose. After searching the internet for one, there's none available anywhere, so I've decided to make one. I've already made a SRRL caboose years ago.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi John, Russell here, I might be able to help you out as I think I have some plans I could probably scan and e mail to you from an old magazine I was looking at today that I forgot about, hope it will reproduce OK. I'll do it tomorrow and you let me know if they are OK.
I think it has rough plans for both the early shorty caboose as well as the long caboose.
Russell
Thanks Russell, that would be great.

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
they're now not shipping outside the US.
Probably don't have a compatible DVD for your region. (Incidentally, most computer DVD drives can be set up to read different region DVD formats. You could check yours and insist Bob send you one!)

I'm about to go out of town for a few weeks, but if you are still looking, I'll search my DVD. It allows you to output the pages to a PDF.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably don't have a compatible DVD for your region. (Incidentally, most computer DVD drives can be set up to read different region DVD formats. You could check yours and insist Bob send you one!)

I'm about to go out of town for a few weeks, but if you are still looking, I'll search my DVD. It allows you to output the pages to a PDF.
Hi Pete, thanks for the offer, but Russell has come good with the plans I need.
John.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts