G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Vendor
3,609 Posts
Fantastic find, Jerry.  That's like finding the "Lost Dutchman" mine.  WOW...............  I'd leave it track power and set on a shelf in my train room under glass....

Good on ya'.

Let me know if you find another one.. :D:D:cool::)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

· Premium Member
402 Posts
Hey Jerry, maybe Marty will building you a special siding at his new terminal building so it can be parked the the whole weekend to be seen by the masses.

· Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here's some more pix of the Zephyr, had some requests.  Has a big Pittman motor in the loco and one in the rear of the observation car. I had disconnected the rear, but it put a big strain on the front u-joint, which came loose. Now have it hooked back up, been to cold to run it though.  Motor drives thru a u-joint to the big black gear case, out of the bottom of it is shafts to the small gearoxes on each axle.

I have fixed the center car to raise it up a bit and now have the nameplates on the side of the loco also.
Jerry

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.