G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Zephyr from Bob Thon, of Roberts Lines, you may remember his old ads in GR. He had a few leftover pieces that needed some work and I HAD to have it!  You know how it is. Saw pix of it years ago(89) and wanted one then.  Here's some pix and a link to a video of it's first run. U-joint loosened up, but it's now fixed, if the weather comes back, I'll run it some more. 70's here today, 30's on Sunday, sigh.....

Here's the youTube video.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ucqd5YVow

· Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here's some more pix of the Zephyr, had some requests.  Has a big Pittman motor in the loco and one in the rear of the observation car. I had disconnected the rear, but it put a big strain on the front u-joint, which came loose. Now have it hooked back up, been to cold to run it though.  Motor drives thru a u-joint to the big black gear case, out of the bottom of it is shafts to the small gearoxes on each axle.

I have fixed the center car to raise it up a bit and now have the nameplates on the side of the loco also.
Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.