G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just got the Dan's Burgers for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone had solved the problem of the doors. They are too short to fit into both hinge slots at the same time. At least they are on mine.

Should I cut something off the bottom of the building or what?

Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Do not have the kit, but I am considering one of their European food stands for my Piko Neustadt depot, can you post a couple photos of the parts?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see that the bottom of the doors fit into the hinge slot but the doors are not tall enough to fit into the top support.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Dave

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Dave I think you put the hinge lugs into the bottom sill, then press/pop the top hinge lugs into position at the top. One time job.
Rod

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Dave,
It appears that your doors may have been cut too short in your kit.  Hard to tell, but mine seemed longer and fit perfectly.  Haven't had any problems
that way.  I think I would ask the store where you purchased the kit from for a replacement kit or at least a replacement for the doors.

Here is a picture of how mine looks after being built.  We had a burger stand in California that was called "The Octagon" so had signs made to reflect
that on our kit.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
looking at the picture of the entire building...
might it be, that there is a doorframe to be placed first?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all

Good pictures. I can see right away that there should be a door frame in there. A few phone calls and I found I don't have any door handles either so there is a small part, or two, missing.

Jim down at my LHS said that's very unusual but he will swap the kit for a new one any time. And I can look inside the box before I take it from the store.

Oh well, my project will fill the whole holiday season now rather than just a few evenings. Great!
BTW, I like the way this small building looks when the lights were on. Makes the whole scene IMHO. I think I'll run some 12V up there right now.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Glad someone else answered this in less time than it took me (silly job got in the way of trains again). I was wondering about the frame from my building of Neustadt, as it looks at first like you can just put the doors in..

Unfortunately, the last two LS structure kits (Piko and Pola) I have bought were both missing pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts