G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2022 Denver convention car is a PIKO caboose. Anyone know what the scale will be? At least approximately?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. I have the caboose from the Seattle convention and that is 1:32 and just doesn't look right with any of my other stock. I don't really need another small caboose, especially at $98.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Alan,

Thanks for asking that question. I was pondering buying the caboose too thinking it was 1/24. You just saved me $98
Wife went along with the registration fee but doubt she would be happy if I bought something that didn't "fit"
Alan W.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't know what the cabooses scale is, as I don't have one, but I do model in 1/32 scale. However as it is based on a Rio Grande 3 ' gauge prototype I would be inclined to think that it is modeled in 1/20th Or 1/24th scale. Just adding my two cents worth.

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
So, some of the rolling stock came from buying the bolds from MDC (Model Die Corporation), those cars are box car, reefer, ore car, and ore jenny as far as I know. These are all 1:32 scale.

The other rolling stock was Piko design, and I do believe the american caboose is "larger".

Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
Well, no link Pete... whoops...

Note 3 types and not all the same scale... the bobber and the work caboose look to be around 1:20.3 and the old-time type looks what, 1:24?

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts