G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of an undecorated version of the new PIKO 0-6-0 starter set loco. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hi Jack-

Nice loco. It has the appearance that it can be thrown off the roof and emerge unscathed.

The debossed part numbers on the inside of the wheel flanges are odd. Does the loco have carbon brushes for power pick-up? Do the carbon brushes slide over the debossed characters?

Best regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob,

The production pieces are coming for iHobby with Dr. Wilfer in two weeks. We can take a closer look at the mechanics then. I would assume the production variant will have a motor block that is very similar to the Taurus and BR218 locos.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Looks good for a starter set engine. In fact, I think the rest of the set looks pretty good too. I agree with Bob, this thing looks nearly indestructable. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Little spartan on details, but I can add anything I think is missing like sandpipes, handrails, and cab details, but I'm very interested to see how this works operationally once someone gets there hands on it.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Any of the BR80s/sets make it over yet?

I got excited when I saw this thread in the Euro section....

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I am incredibly happy to finally see someone get a "basic" model right. Leave the details off, to save me the trouble of having to carve off the hideous blobs of plastic meant to represent plumbing, pumps, air tanks, handrails, etc. I think that, with some detail parts and new valve gear, that this could make an impressive model.

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By vsmith on 10/03/2008 9:01 AM
Little spartan on details, but I can add anything I think is missing like sandpipes, handrails, and cab details, but I'm very interested to see how this works operationally once someone gets there hands on it.

Vic, Still don't like it.....not sure why yet..
Toad

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Jack, two posts of buying two.....are you actually buying four?

Any reports from the Chicago Hobby Show on this or anything else new yet?

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By Ole Toad Frog on 10/19/2008 12:22 AM
Posted By vsmith on 10/03/2008 9:01 AM

Vic, Still don't like it.....not sure why yet..
Toad

I do apologize to Buckso/Jack/Piko for saying what I felt, even as a right of a American.

Toad

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Posted By thekollector on 10/19/2008 7:39 PM
How an edit makes double posts I'll never figure out.

Posting on mls reminds me of playing the slot machines.

When you click on the "submit" button, ie pull the lever, it takes a while to see the results and you also never know if you hit the jack pot, ie the post appears the way you expect them to.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Toad,
No need to apologize for not liking the train- that is indeed your right. It's the "Pinko" thing that is in poor taste.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts