G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

Two days ago, suddenly could not access my Picasa web albums. I frequently use this to show photos to folks here on MLS in messages or during chat. It wants me to login, then does not accept the login. I go to it thru the Picasa program on my laptop. That usually just works but now asks for a login. I tried the passwork recovery using both my primary email ( a gmail account) and using the recovery email (a verizon account). Both gave me a new password which does not work anywhere, including gmail. Their help function is a do loop, getting me to a page of 5 questions to answer, and after that just back to that page again. So I am locked out of albums and gmail. I have not done a virus scan or malware scan that sometimes erases cookies either.

I cant seem to find any help functions such as a live chat help or my goodness, a phone number....

Now I logged in a few weeks ago on wifes ipad to picasa albums, and can still see them on her ipad, so they are there.

While not directly related to trains, I have lots of train pics posted there, and appreciate any insights you all might have

Thanks

Jerry

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I am certain this has to do with Google tying all accounts together so no matter which part of their empire you are logged into, they can track what you are doing to aim interest based advertising at you.

Did you use the same name (like "naptowneng") for all the various accounts (g-mail, youtube, picasa, etc.)? Did you have the same password on all of them? I have managed to keep my g-mail and youtube accounts seperate by using different passwords on each, but that means I cannot log into one if I am already logged into the other. Note: just not viewing one account (closing the browser window) does NOT mean I have logged out and am not still logged into that account! I have to specifically click a "Log out" or "Sign out" link on the web page of one site in order to log-in on the other site. It is a PAIN to have to do it that way, but I don't want to change my name on one or the other, so keeping the passwords different and specifically logging out of all accounts when I am done is the only way to cause them problems with their "STALKING ME".

·
Premium Member
6,529 Posts
Their help function is a do loop, getting me to a page of 5 questions to answer
Hi Jerry, how's the weather in MD? ;-)

I've had the same issue a while ago - I think it was the same.

Most times I find answers to Google problems in their 'help and support', as there's a pretty active commun ity of folk who know the workarounds and tricks to get it to work. Try a googls search for the question [e.g. why can't i log in to Picassa] and you should get some useful stuff.

If your Picasa albums are public, then go to them via your browser and check what user id shows up on the album. Then try a password recovery on that user id [should be recognisably yours, but you never know with computers.]

I cant seem to find any help functions such as a live chat help or my goodness, a phone number
Not a chance. The free website guys (e.g. Google) discovered that they can't employ enough folk to answer all the dumb questions (not yours - but the dumb ones come first!)
There's a 'gear' icon top right on the Picasaweb.com site which leads you to all the help and forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts