G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Jerry

The URL you're using is pointing to a web page with your picture on it, and because you're using the HTML image element it's failing. If you use a URL that points to the image file it'll work. The following link uses your URL and the image, which follows uses a URL that points direct to the image file.

Picasa web page[/b]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve-

After I posted, and pondered, I realized it was not a photo but a web link as you said. I have all my photos on Picassa of course, which does not ahve the photo but the whole page---may I ask how to point to the actual image and not the page it is on?

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Sorry Jerry, for the slow response, was away doing other things.

As to your question, while you are on the Picasa web page, just place your mouse pointer over the actual picture and righ-click. Then on the context menu that displays...
[*] If using MS/Internet Explorer as your browser.

[*] Place the mouse pointer directly over the picture, and right-click.
[*] Select and click the "Properties" menu item.

[*] After the "Properties" page displays.
[*] In the field labeled "Address (URL):" (see above image)
[*] Select (i.e. point to the text with the mouse, press and hold down the {Ctrl} key and click the mouse, then release the {Ctrl} key).
[*] Then copy all of the URL address (i.e. while pointing to the selected text right-click, then select and click the "Copy" menu item).
[/list][/list][*] Use the URL you just copied to your local clipboard, it points directly to the image file on the Picasa server.

[*] If using FireFox as your browser.

[*] Place the mouse pointer directly over the picture, and right-click the mouse.
[*] Select and click the "Copy Image Location" menu item.
[*] You've now copied the image direct URL to your local clipboard.
[*] Use that to paste into the HTML image element.
[/list]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts