G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Must be thick or something:confused:, how do I post pics from my web space in 1st Class to a new topic that I want to post.Have to say that I preferd the old site, dead easy to navigate and post and a lot quicker too!
Regards
Bunny

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
David,

I had trouble to begin with. I have to allow pop ups to post pics on the forum. I do not know if it is a system problem or just my computer.

Good luck figuring it out!!!!!!

Jeff
Tallapoosa and Southern RR

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I found that posting a picture with the tags did not always work. If the URL was text (black) it worked, if it was a link (blue) it did not. The better way is to use the “insert picture” icon at the top of the reply screen. It looks like a small picture of a mountain with the sun in the corner.

Copy the picture URL. 

Place your cursor in the reply text where you want the picture to appear.

Click on it the insert picture icon and a menu block appears.

It has a space to paste in the picture’s URL.

After copying the URL in, click on the OK button at the bottom of the menu block.

The menu block will disappear and your picture will be in your reply at the cursor location.

[url="http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/davidbunn/brill1.jpg"][img]http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/davidbunn/brill1.jpg[/url]

I posted your picture by right clicking on it, left clicking “Properties” on the bottom of the drop down menu block that appeared, highlighting and and copying the URL. The URL was then pasted into the insert picture icon.

·
Registered
978 Posts
This site works well for posting pics http://www.tinypic.com/   You download the picture and then it converts it into anything you want.  Like if you want to post on forums, myspace etc...   It works really well especially if you have large photos, it converts it to the correct size.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Dave,
I'm with you. I liked the old way much better. Clean and simple like me. :)

I've found it easier to just use the quick reply. I type my own img brackets and insert the photo. I've had problems in posting a new topic with multiple photos. The whole post can disappear before I'm done and I lose all the work.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I resize my stuf in my photo program to 640x480 then post thyem on Photobucket.com. I'll pick up the image tag on photobucket and paste that in my message here. The only issue that I've found with the new iteration of MLS is that I have to go in and manually change the to [img], lower case letters seems to make a difference.

Otherwise it works just fine..

[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Dave615/pea4.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Richard Smith on 01/27/2008 7:19 PM
Dave,
I'm with you. I liked the old way much better. Clean and simple like me. :)" align="absMiddle" border="0" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" />

I've found it easier to just use the quick reply. I type my own img brackets and insert the photo. I've had problems in posting a new topic with multiple photos. The whole post can disappear before I'm done and I lose all the work.

Before you click on the "Submit" button, highlight the whole text that you typed in by typing "Ctrl-A", then type "Ctrl-C" to copy it to the clipboard, then click on the "Refresh" button to refresh the page.  This will also show you if someone has already submitted a reply that you might want to consider.  Then, click in the reply textbox, type "Ctrl-V" to paste the clipboard text into the reply box and then click the "Submit" button.

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
So in the URL do you have the * symbal in thre [*img]...as I see this is the only difference?

Bubba

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Posted By Richard Smith on 01/27/2008 7:19 PM
I've had problems in posting a new topic with multiple photos. The whole post can disappear before I'm done and I lose all the work.

Being a two fingered typist and a lousy speller, I use my e-mail editor (MS Word) to type my replies. No rush and no worry about being timed out. I have all the time I want time to gather photos and links from other web sites and include them in my reply. I can slowly read my response and edit it as much as I like. Word also checks my grammar and spelling.

If the reply has taken a long time to draft or da boss has called me away, I push the refresh button when returning to MLS.

Then I just copy the draft, links and all.  Unfortunately if the picture URL is active (blue) it won’t work using the

G

·
0 Posts
@Madstang,

no. he just used the * sign, that we could see, how it is written. without the * signs the program would process the line into a foto.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks all
I really appreciate all your repeplies,problem sorted and results in Model Making forum.
Bunny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts