G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:
This week end the weather was nice and we held a double bill steam up: Saturday at my friend Oliviers over in the Drôme erea about an hour and a half from us and sunday at my new pike in Chalabrège, on this side of the Rhône valley. We got some very nice running. Sunday as the new bridge had just been installed, a lot of friends tended to make photos around the new bridge site. And at one point it started to look like a real photo run by so I asked every body to come and pose so we made a gag photo of a real photo run by except in gauge one ! You almost couldn't see the engine with all those amateur paparazzis. My friend Olivier's FEF and contemporary UP train. With all the gang trying to get that one in a million shot! Just part of the good times we had.
Cheers to everybody over the pond,
Plant Trousers Sky Tree Grass

Simon

·
Registered
406 Posts
Great shot Simon of the "photo line" of enthusiasts just like a 1:1 scale steam special. I do like the new bridge and at a great viewing height too see trains more at track level rather than looking down on them, and better for photography too.
Russell

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the lay of the land. I had anticipated less height, but thats the way it was... Once the track is down its much nicer that way. Of course this is a posed photo, but I thought it was good fun to do it.
Happy steaming all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts