G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying photo insert for the new forum software- showing two Banta kits I built last month. Now how to put words under the photo.....?

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
OK Lets see if I can make this work.

It worked! Now I wonder if I can get back all the photos that disappeared. Edit worked that time.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Getting ready for my Trunk or Treat display at my swim club so thought this was a good way to photo test my Zombieland which uses figures I ordered from China via Ebay.
DSC03651.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
That sure was easier than any other website.
Actually, Gscalecentral.net based in the UK has exactly the same drag-and-drop for pictures and has had for years. ;)

Two other things occur to me. Greg - did you drag-and-drop the video, or just post the 'share' link, as we used to do here? [Can you drag-and-drop a video?]

And there's an "insert" menu hidden on the bottom reply list - the 3 dots. It let's you insert the QUOTE codes and various other things. I must try the "inline spoiler":
Hmm . . .click the grey above.

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
Actually, Gscalecentral.net based in the UK has exactly the same drag-and-drop for pictures and has had for years. ;)

Two other things occur to me. Greg - did you drag-and-drop the video, or just post the 'share' link, as we used to do here? [Can you drag-and-drop a video?]

And there's an "insert" menu hidden on the bottom reply list - the 3 dots. It let's you insert the QUOTE codes and various other things. I must try the "inline spoiler":
Hmm . . . (click the grey above)

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
you cannot delete a post it seems, and if you start to type a reply and don't send it, it stays "saved".... I actually do not like this feature myself, it can lead to accidentally posting something you really did not want posted, changed your mind, etc.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

A boxcar I lightly weathered and added a couple of details to a few years ago. Frankly I'm enjoying the updated site and thank you for the easy photo posting. - Robert

·
Registered
13 Posts
Robert. It is definitely a classic example of requirements creep. My double tunnel is a half circle that surrounds a “mountain” and allows me to have a mountain in a smaller foot print (have a smallish back yard). Now that I can post pix easily (embedded vs. thumbnails) I will create a thread that shows my step by step development of my garden railway that I started in July 2019.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Robert - just hope we get some snow so I can test it out!! Those are cardboard patterns and will be turned into 24 gauge galvannealed roof panels. Each will have 8-9 raised ridges that will radiate from top to bottom. Then they will get powder coated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts