G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried calling Wholesale trains to use my gift cert and they said they have not heard who won past Jan 08'. Has anyone else come across the same issue? I emailed Shad about 5 days ago but have not heard anything yet.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I had/have the same problem.

I heard nothing for about three months so I emailed Shad on June 18th. He asked me to call Wholesale trains (1-888-762-6633) and tell them who I was and in what month I had won. They said they would get back to me right away but they never did. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

I emailed Shad a week or so ago and suggested that there was no need to continue to beat on this poor horse. Just happy to have shared an accidentally good picture with everyone here.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Considering they are on the web and that they are participating in a contest on a largescale website, it would seem logical that they could check the photo contest and see who has won! I mean it's not rocket science!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I'll call Gary this week and find out what's going on.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well its been a few months now and still no response from Shad on the contest. Called Wholesale trains again and they still are requesting that Shad call them.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Last week I received a very nice email from Wholesale trains that confirms my 'winner' status /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif and suggested that I can order anything I want and they will basically deduct $25.00 US. Not bad for no real investment. :)

Anyway, I'll look through the on-line store again and find something I want.

Thanks to all involved for working everything out.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I've been talking to Gary about the situation. We're still working on a resolution. The contest is going to have to change. Effectively immediately, the prize is the winner's choice of either 1 year membership or a 2009 MLS calendar. I'm still working on past winners. Please be patient. I will contact you individually when things get settled. Please do not continue to post about it in the forum.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shad - I know you posted not to ask on here but I emailed you a few times about the contest and the Wholesale trains cert. Its been 2 months since this posting and havet heard anything

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
what do you expect for free????, and the co. mentioned have all kinds of customer issues, according to what is posted here!! The Regal

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive ordered from them in the past and have never had any issues. I also get all my styrene from them, best prices compared to te local hobby shop thats gets over retail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts